The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 10:51 am

Watch Live Sport-channels Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Derby Countdown
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:03 pm 
Top of the pops

He means Don Hutchison.
Pete don't know why all the family support Sunderland, I think it's a case of once you've been you're hooked.
You are right of course, I do chunter to myself too much and I will have to stop that. You see, I get more sense from chuntering to myself than from conversing with you.
Martin, unlike Pete, I always thought you were the decent type but to predict a 4-1 win has changed that. Even if it is 4-1 and even if you really think that will be the score, you should show some respect. Arrogance, yes that's the word, oh and typical.
I've had enough, I'm outa here.
Discopants.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:24 pm 
So Martins arrogant & disrespectful, I'm deluded & waffle codswallop :lol: :lol:

Why is saying 4-1 to the TOON disrespectful, when we've beat far superior teams like the Spurts & Celtic by that scoreline this season :shock: :lol:

Me think you are getting vervous about the match mate, not us :D :D

Btw, Happy Anniversary, I hope the match doesn't ruin you weekend too much :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:20 pm 
Top of the pops

Looks like Jonny Evans is out. If he is it will be a return to ramshackle defending from us and I'd give us little hope.We need him big time to contain your 3 up front.
Can still see us scoring though.
Gary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:26 pm 
So is Mcsheffrey playing :? I hope so, as I think he's on par with Bramble :lol: :lol:

I so wish I was down the G&D watching this but I will record it on SKY & watch ot later on my own :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:42 pm 
Regular

[quote="Pete"]
Why is saying 4-1 to the TOON disrespectful, when we've beat far superior teams like the Spurts & Celtic by that scoreline this season

celtic friendly counts for a lot like doesn't it :banghead

whilst it was a great win against spurs, surely the fact that you lost to derby (i know derby who loses to them :there ) shows that you can take nothing for granted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:53 pm 
Well at least losing to Derby is losing to a current Premiership side, who was it who knocked you out of the FA Cup, oh yeah Cardiff, 2-0 wasn't it :lol: :there

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:53 pm 
Top of the pops

Mcsheffery ???

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:54 pm 
Web-Site Admin

discopants wrote:
Mcsheffery ???

Whey aye, surely Birmingham's winger is the only logical replacement if Evans doesn't make it! :D

Starting to feel the nerves building now - some good mutual-appreciation from KK and Keane in the papers today, hope we get to see the famous KK "consoling hand on side of face" at the final whistle tomorrow!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:02 pm 
Sorry, I meant Mcshane :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:31 pm 
Top of the pops

If McShane plays we've had it full stop.He is a liability and runs round like a headless chicken as you will see !
Well I am getting ready for the battle just hope my team are too.
Can't say owt daft like good luck or have a good day cos quite simply I hope we do you and I hope all geordies have a bloody awful day.
I know those thoughts are reciprocated.
All true fans will either be there or be glued to a screen watching it. A true fan wouldn't miss it for anything.
So I'm ready for war, Haway Me Bonnie Lads !!! Let's do it !
Gary
FTM

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:09 pm 
So now I'm not a real fan eh :shock: Maybe in your eyes but I know one thing :o I'm a true friend :D :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:25 pm 
Regular

how the hell was that a penalty and the 2 for boro were not given yesterday, very harsh pen in my opinion, he was 1 yard from the ball and challenging for it arm close to his as well very harsh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:09 pm 
Top of the pops

Well here I am and I don't know what to say. From our point of view it's like this. I suspected Jonny Evans would not be fit and reported that if McShane played we'd had it. I was shocked to see that Bardsley was also injured and that we were playing with not only McShane but also Higginbottom in defence.
I felt like a boxer going into the ring without a gumshield !
Owen took his goal very well but McShane knew where he was and didn't deal with him. Nothing much else happened and they got a pen. Was it a pen ? well yes probably and Higginbottom has done it before. 2-0 at half time and we need two to get my prediction right.
Keane's tactics were all wrong and it just didn't look or feel right. We could have played all day and wouldn't have scored.
We had a lot of possession but did nothing with it at all.
I honestly don't think that Newcastle were very good. We lost the game, fair enough cos we couldn't score. There were a lot of our players who didn't do it. The 2 clowns in defence didn't help and I thought Murphy was a disgrace.
I don't think I can remember a derby with so few chances and quite frankly it was boring.
But hey you've got to score to win games and they ( Newcastle) did twice and may have took their foot off the gas, who knows.
So Congrats to any of my mates on here who support the mags but I wouldn't crow too much after that display, as I said I think we lost it rather than you won it.
Gary, Mackem and Proud Keep The Faith !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:50 pm 
Top of the pops

Well all I can say is the same as Gary just watched the recorded match -- very disappointing, not with the result --I think the mags deserved to win-- but the standard of play by Sunderland especially the first half. So well done mags even though it chokes me when I say it :wink: . Marj

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:49 am 
Regular

newcastle, were the better team and deserved the win, my previous comment about the penalty was meant along the lines of the 2 in the boro game were more blatant (yes it was a penalty), fair play to newcastle they looked threatening unlike sunderland

thought murphy was appaling hope he plays next week :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:14 am 
Well guys, I'm not going to gloat as there wasn't anything really to gloat over, yeah we scored with-in 4 mins & I knew if McShane played, we'd score, as he is defo worse than Bramble imo :D I did think at that point that we'd run amock & score load but we did seem to take our foot off the gas then :roll:

It was defo a penalty too, as Owen did chip the guy who arm was up in the air, so no arguments there either but after we scored the second, we seem to forget how to play, we weren't great & played nothing like we did against the Spurts or we'd have put double figures past you but all in all, I didn't think you guys played too badly, Jones is an handful to control but our CB's dealt well with him nicely, so he didn't get too many chances thank god :shock:

To be honest, I'm glad I recorded it & as we didn't leave Veritys Party till turned 8pm & after I finished watching the match around 10.15pm, by which time I couldn't be bothered to come on the board to post this, as it wasn't the best Derby I've seen :o :o

So Smurf, you still think you're going to finish above us this season eh :? :?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:44 pm 
Major

Top Dogs in the North East once more and a very easy victory - sorry Discopants but your lot are "the pants". Other than Jones and Reid I doubt any of your team would even be in our squad!. Game not brilliant, but heaa we are both safe and you have the chance to put it over us next season. North East Football would not be the same without the "Real Derby" matches twice a Season.

Good luck against the Smoggies - I am sure you will send them packing.

PS Boogaloo has gone quiet recently - hope he is working hard towards my pension!

PPS of to Cyprus tomorrow first thing and not due back until end of August/September.

"Be who you are, not what others want you to be"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:22 pm 
Top of the pops

It doesn't get any better. The Echo states Evans and Bardsley are both out long term. We could still go down with those two clowns as their replacements. :oops:
Gary

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:59 pm 
Web-Site Admin

Pretty poor game in all honesty - I think the early goal took the wind out of our sails a little and we sat back expecting a response that never came - second goal just before half time was the killer (although we should have been 2 up already with the bullet header from McShane that was disallowed for no apparent reason - maybe the ref was trying to spare his blushes! :oops: )

Surprised by how meekly the mackems surrendered really - expected more fight from a Keane team. Good job they have points on the board as I can't see them getting many more playing like that.

Special mention for Andy Reid - the only player on the Premier League who makes Viduka look like he could use a good feed! :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:24 pm 
Top of the pops

Yes it's not looking good is it for us ?
Our record against Boro is just as bad as our record against Newcastle.
I think we just have to hope that Brum or Reading don't catch us up cos we could quite easily not get any more points.
Gary

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body