Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:01 am

Watch Live Sport-channels Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ex-ref, Jeff Winters
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:03 pm 
I found this weblink the other day where Jeff Winters, the ex-ref gives his verdict on matches each week, you can then write comments & give him your view, which I did after reading his comments regarding the Tyne-Wear derby, I just wanted to let off a little steam as I found his comments were a little biased against the TOON but the one thing I never thought was that he'd email me :shock: :shock:

When I locate the weblink again, I'll put the link up here so you can all write to him :lol:

Post subject: Re: Ex-ref, Jeff Winters
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:00 pm 
Top of the pops

Well show us the e mail then.
He used to be a Boro boot boy in my day. Not that I was a Boro boot boy mind.
He gets on my boobs.
Gary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:03 pm 
Here you go Gary :D

Pete wrote:
> 'As a neutral' you're having a laugh aren't you after your reply regarding the 'smug Geordie' comment, I've never seen such a biased post from a neutral as the one you gave regarding the penalty awarded to Stevie Taylor, as a ex-ref you should know that any contact in the box is a penalty, the sad thing about it is, no ref as the guts to give them for things like holding, pushing, tugging on shirts etc etc, and having seen the tackles made on Duff & Taylor several times, Newcastle should have had 2 penalties, as Ferdinands knee caught Duffs leg & Melbrunque leg took aways Taylors leg too.
> After all the ref is there to run rule over the match with a set of regulation imposed by FIFA, so why do teams like Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool & Arsenal get away with half the things they do, ie Cavalio bear hugging, Bosingwa pushing Alonso in the back with his foot right in front of the linesman, who waved his flag but the ref ignored it, as he'd already sent off Lampard, which I may say was completely the wrong decision, as was adjusted by the red card review panel..
> Yes refs deserve respect but only if they can do their job properly, which 90% of them can't, they either need to bring in electronic help or have more assistants helping out, to me, its a power struggle, as the refs of today are power hungry & dont really care what the fans think as long as they don't call them names, well get the job done properly & they wil earn respect...
>

> Reply:- I bet you feel better having got that off your chest don't you? Am I right in assuning that you be a very unbiased Newcastle fan. I can't disagree with many of the comments you make regarding the Big four, but if you think that the Newcastle penalty was a correct decision the have taken loyalty to your club just a little too far. I don't know where you pluck 90% from, in any game the number of mistakes a Ref makes, which incidenatly are honest ones, are minimal in comparison to the corrcet ones he makes. In comparison to players mistakes they are minute, but players are allowed to make errors Refs are not. With regard to respect, fans want decisions that are in favour of their side not neccessarily corrcet ones.
Still the Refs in the Championshipmight be favourable to Newcastle and
Boro next season!!!!

Best wishes

Jeff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:34 pm 
Regular

Pete wrote:
Still the Refs in the Championshipmight be favourable to Newcastle and
Boro next season!!!!

Best wishes

Jeff

:smilielol :smilielol I like his sense of humour :smilielol :smilielol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:35 pm 
Yeah, he must be a Mackem :smilielol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:09 pm 
Top of the pops

Or a realist :D

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:41 pm 
Top of the pops

Well I'm with Tanny here. He is obviously a realist.
Now Pete, we have locked horns many times in the past and no doubt will continue to do so in the future ( until the day I come calling cos after the bushwhack you won't be able to type) but in all the ridiculous views you have expressed in the past none are as blinkered as the view you take on the Taylor penalty.
Are you just after a wind up ? I know plenty of mags and none...ie a big fat 0 have told me they thought that was a penalty. If anything, Taylor dragged little Steed down. Steve Taylor ? he should be called Elizabeth Taylor after that bit of acting, but, it's not his first offence is it ?
Look at our game with your first time favourites yesterday if you want to see another example of how decisions go against us.
Everyone in the ground except Rob Styles and his blind assistant saw a blatant handball on the goal line in the first half. That went against us as did the Taylor dive.
And you are complaining :doh
Gary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:20 pm 
I was just venting at his original post on his website mate, I never for 1 second thought he'd reply to me :lol: :lol:

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body