Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:07 am 
Idol

I am posting this thread as for the last 48 hours Steve and I have been debating with whether John Terry should resign the captaincy or not.

Steve thinks it is about 90 minutes of football and winning and what John Terry does in his private life is his affair so thinks he should remain as captain. (He has also just commented asking why am I posting a thread on here when it is all going to be women twitting on here and football is a man's game and women know nothing about it :smilielol :smilielol :smilielol ) Fool!!!

I think that John Terry should still play for England but should resign the captaincy as I feel that he has a moral obligation on a social level.

Your comments will be appreciated :smilielol :smilielol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:12 am 
Top of the pops

JoKing wrote:
Your comments will be appreciated

Sorry Jo BT.... boring................ I personally dont give a flying **** :greetings

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:17 am 
Idol

:smilielol :smilielol :smilielol Steve 1 - Jo 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:25 am 
Top of the pops

If JT had dipped his wick with a a piece of totty not related to football I would say he should stay, but he did it on his own doorstep with a team mates bit of fluff, thereby displaying an apalling lack of judgement - he should NOT retain the captaincy because he will have lost a hell of a lot of respect from the people he is supposed to be leading.

chris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:33 am 

Capello has just announced that John Terry has lost the captains armband.........Capello then phoned Wayne bridge and asked him to have a look under his bed for it...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:53 am 
Top of the pops

John Terry was asked if he enjoys playing at The Bridge but he says he prefers playing away. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:19 am 
Rock Star

Its a wonderful story for the media. So what, he had a bit on the side with a team mates EX bit of stuff.

His wife should give him hell, rightly so, and no doubt she is doing this.

But what as it to do with football, nothing whatsoever.Remember it was an EX not his team mates present lady.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:23 am 
Web-Site Admin

Personally I think he should be stripped of the captaincy - England Captain is a position with responsibilities that go beyond football, you're supposed to be an ambassador for the game and your country, and this is far from a first indiscretion for Mr Terry.

Main problem being it's difficult to think of a suitable candidate to replace him....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:31 am 
Top of the pops

How about Steven Gerrard?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:45 am 
Rock Star

Steve the Brawler would be a great alternative to John the on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:52 pm 
Top of the pops

Although no doubting his football ability, I find JT to be very arrogant. He thinks he can do what he likes and this is not the first bit of controversy he has been involved in.
He should lose the captaincy for the reasons stated by Martin.

Gary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:02 pm 
Idol

Another typical News Of The World/Sun destruction job - sensation at all costs - and what great timing.... just what England football needs 4 months before the world cup. I don't see what it has to do with football and I don't see why he should resign.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:26 pm 
Top of the pops

adfam wrote:
.... destruction job - sensation at all costs -
They do it well !
adfam wrote:
.... I don't see what it has to do with football and I don't see why he should resign.
Nothing to do with football but football is the most or one of the most popular sports in the UK so being the captain of the national side gives exposure to millions, including impressionable teenagers who will 'act' how their idols do, also as CF says...
Captain Fantastic wrote:
....you're supposed to be an ambassador for the game and your country,.....

But for the good of the football team he should stay 1 :banghead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:41 pm 
Forum Admin

He should go .. end of story ..
He is not just 90mins on the pitch .
He is the captain of the national team
and youngsters are looking up to him..
he should be conducting himself a manner that
an england captian is expected to...

Apart from that .... I always thought he was an arrogant T.O.S.S.E.R ..
:smilielol :smilielol

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:04 pm 
Star

I can't agree Malc, it has everything to do with football.

Personally I couldn't give one jot who or who he hasn't been messing around with, I care not, that's for him and his family to sort out.

What I do care about is him being the captain of our England team representing our country, and being a role model for aspiring youngsters, who want to be like him, play like him and perhaps aspire to being a professional footballer one day.

So sorry, for me he has brought the game into disrepute and he should go. If Capello is as straight laced as the media is making out he will take the arm band from him, but as usual the FA is left wanting, weak as usual.

In my opinion there has been other serious indiscretions in the past and he should have been punished then, in my opinion he is an arrogant over rated player anyway.

As for a replacement nobody springs to mind.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:13 pm 
Forum Admin

it was only 2 months ago
that 2 scotland players were dropped from the squad
altogether , just for making V signs at the TV camara`s
and they were key players :shock:

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:43 pm 
Idol

Mmmm - I'm not entirely convinced about him (or rather, his position) being a role model for youth. Can't say I ever wanted to model my life on any England captain, even with the likes of Bobby Moore at the helm.

Perhaps it's a lesson for all aspiring footballers that if you earn squillions of quid a week, you must try and resist the advances of gorgeous females who are going to throw themselves at you. I would, of course.

I also genuinely don't see how he's brought football into disrepute. He's brought himself into disrepute for sure, but not football itself.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:11 pm 
Top of the pops

Just When You Thought It Couldn’t Get Any Worse for John Terry!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:19 pm 
Star

Another overpaid sports personality with the morals of an allycat - what's new?
I am in the camp that thinks he should resign as captain because he cannot possibly lead a team so obviously split by his lack of loyalty to his wife, friend & team mate.

Just a thought! Prince Charles is still going to be King and look what he did.

Maggi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:40 pm 
Star

Well done Terry !!!

Maybe with your reputation the WAGS will be left at home , and the guys can concentrate on the game . Not like the previous World Cup where the WAGS took over .

West Coast Services

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:26 pm 
Idol

I absolutely think that he should no longer be captain and he should fall on his own 'pork' sword, :oops: I believe that older people would not see him as a role model but unfortunately young kids do look up to him because he is the England Captain, so therefore he has a moral responsibility. I have refereed for a number of years and with all honesty children as well as some adults mimic what they see on the Premiership so bad and good behaviour is reflected in grass roots football on and off the pitch.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:28 am 
Top of the pops

Not being a footie 'afficianodo' I care little about this man and his 'indiscretions. However, given that he is a national figure, which some apparently 'look up to', and that his 'indiscretions' (or at least some of them) involved the partner of a fellow player, this cannot be good for morale or trust amongst any squad which inlcudes him. He has to go.

Jacs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:03 pm 
Graduate

Wayne Bridge has now refused to play for England again. Lets hope that John Terry decides to have a fling with Emile Heskey's wife!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:50 pm 
Rock Star

Personally, I am agog with disinterest. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:36 pm 
Major

To clarify some of the earlier "positive" comments with regard to John Terry, the Girl he did it with with was Wayne Bridges partner at the time and they have since split following the revalation, which was considerably before the Newspapers got hold of it. Indeed it was one of the England Players who told Wayne about it. Talk about Sxxxxxg on you own doorstep!

He cannot retain the Captaincy because he has betrayed his teamate and why should Wayne give up his International career just because some piece of overpaid scum has done the dirty on him. How can Wayne and Terry ever be in the same room again?

Not a Man City nor Chelsea fan, but believe you have to take responsibility for your own indiscretions and Terry has had plenty before!

"Be who you are, not what others want you to be"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:13 pm 
Idol

"Wayne Bridge has now refused to play for England again. Lets hope that John Terry decides to have a fling with Emile Heskey's wife!!"

No it must be a Villa player and then we can get rid of him to Liverpool :smilielol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:20 pm 
Web-Site Admin

On reflection, the timing of this seems very suspicious – the froggies have obviously sent this woman over here specifically to destabilise the England team in the run up to the World Cup! :tickedoff

I suggest in immediate retaliation we ship Jordan (or Katie Price, or whatever she’s calling herself these days) over there immediately, with a list of names and addresses of the French team….

If there’s time, she can do Germany afterwards too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:22 pm 
Top of the pops

For goodness sake boys and girls. If every sports person, politician, and religious leader resigned when they had an affair or similar discretion, then there would be none of them left.

Hang on, that doesn't sound all that bad.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:40 pm 
Major

Hmmm....despite of all this, can he continue? Yes or no. No if's or but's, that's what was asked. Put it to the vote. Should he go......my vote says yes he should.....no need to elaborate.
Steve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:49 pm 
Star

He should not be captain but should still be in the England squad.

Maggi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:14 am 
Top of the pops

Josef K wrote:
For goodness sake boys and girls. If every sports person, politician, and religious leader resigned when they had an affair or similar discretion, then there would be none of them left

I have to agree here

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:21 pm 

bring back beckham n shearer squeaky clean :smilielol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:43 pm 
Idol

Beckham squeaky clean???? Seem to remember some scandal about him and Rebecca Loos (or something like that), but Becks obviously has more clout as that got hushed up moderately quickly!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:21 pm 
Star

Sky News has reported that John Terry has been sacked as England captain - don't think Fabio had much choice with all the media coverage.
My money is on Gerrard as his replacement. What do you think?

Maggi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:24 pm 
Master

Neil wrote:
He should go .. end of story ..
He is not just 90mins on the pitch .
He is the captain of the national team
and youngsters are looking up to him..
he should be conducting himself a manner that
an england captian is expected to...

Apart from that .... I always thought he was an arrogant T.O.S.S.E.R ..

JoKing wrote:
I am posting this thread as for the last 48 hours Steve and I have been debating with whether John Terry should resign the captaincy or not.

Steve thinks it is about 90 minutes of football and winning and what John Terry does in his private life is his affair so thinks he should remain as captain. (He has also just commented asking why am I posting a thread on here when it is all going to be women twitting on here and football is a man's game and women know nothing about it :smilielol :smilielol :smilielol ) Fool!!!

I think that John Terry should still play for England but should resign the captaincy as I feel that he has a moral obligation on a social level.

Your comments will be appreciated :smilielol :smilielol

Guys I agree with both of you. There is not much left of "being British" - for reasons I shall not go into here - but for all of the above comments by you both - as a female England Football Supporter - you are absolutely right. My thoughts as a female go out to his wife who has had to live through this so many times but has still stuck with him because she loves him and they have 2 beautiful twins. The man needs help to curtail his wanderings. He is representing England - but he obviously does not understand what that entails - let alone his marriage vows. Let him play - but do not let him be the Captain of the Team as he is no Leader. Britain is going downhill fast what with the politicians and now the sportmen - glad I am living in Cyprus.

Luv & hugs
Janis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:33 pm 
Graduate

I am sorry for having a rant, but we just watched a programme we recorded last year about British Forces in Basra, a young soldier was interviewed who had lost his right leg below the knee, he received £150 per week from this very generous government, nothing else, the programme before was asking us to support the ex-English football captain on £150,000 per week who has supposed to have bonked anything with two legs, they are having a laugh, somebody should get their priorities right!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:20 am 
Idol

DISCOBOLUS wrote:
I am sorry for having a rant, but we just watched a programme we recorded last year about British Forces in Basra, a young soldier was interviewed who had lost his right leg below the knee, he received £150 per week from this very generous government, nothing else, the programme before was asking us to support the ex-English football captain on £150,000 per week who has supposed to have bonked anything with two legs, they are having a laugh, somebody should get their priorities right!!!

Sorry but I really don't understand what you're trying to say here. What priorities? I'm an IT consultant and you are...whatever you are, so should we all have a rant because you earn more than me (or vice versa)? If someone chooses to join the army and someone else has the fortune to be good enough at football to captain England then why should you discriminate against the footballer? Was the program before asking you to compare the footballer to the soldier? Sure it's a real shame that the soldier lost his right leg below the knee but that's hardly anything to do with the footballer, regardless of what he earns or who he's bonked?

And now I see that England have dropped John Terry as captain - 1-0 to the righteous.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:00 am 
Top of the pops

Whoever is privileged enough to be the Captain of England Football team is honoured indeed.
He will have been given a detailed list of do's and don'ts I suspect.
He probably in this case, will have been reminded of them after frequent alleged misdemeanours by him and his family.
Shagging the mother of one of your team mates children while you yourself have children will not have been on the list of do's( allegedly) This seemingly arrogant fecker is a really important ambassador for England.
Beating about the bush is not one of my fortes.
Well Done Fabio Capello is what I say.
Gary
PS I will ignore any comments posted by Scotsmen who have, all of a sudden, taken an interest in England Football and remind them that we will be at the World Cup ( again!)
Yes Neil I mean you !

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:32 am 
Web-Site Admin

Very pleased with Capello's handling of this - he came with a reputation as a strict disciplinarian and I'm happy he's stuck to it - meeting with Terry lasted only 12 minutes by all accounts, hope he tore a few strips off the arrogant git!

Typical of the man that he first tried to wriggle his way out of it using the courts, then had to be pushed rather than do the honourable thing and step down - symptomatic of a modern breed of pampered, overpaid sportsmen and "celebrities" who seem to think normal standards of behaviour and morality don't apply to them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:27 pm 
Forum Admin

PS.
I will ignore any comments posted by Scotsmen who have, all of a sudden, taken an interest in England Football and remind them that we will be at the World Cup ( again!)
Yes Neil I mean you !

Comeing from a Makum !!! ..
When will you resign yourself to the fact that , both you and the geordies
are only scots with there brains removed :wink: :smilielol :smilielol ...

Love the way Fabio Capello dealt with it ..

the 12 minute meeting must have went something like this ..

John Terry , you are a T.O.S.S.E.R , you done the unthinkable on a team mate
and your family, then after being caught , you had a week to do the honurable thing
and resign ,, but no .
You thought that you were to important to even consider doing that never mind getting the sack ...
Well..... !!! get the F'**K out my office and leave that arm band on the desk

:clap :clap :clap

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:10 pm 
Idol

Fabio Capello what a star, I am so impressed that he has dealt with it in the correct manner and has drawn a line underneath it, refusing to make any further comment and moving down the line by selecting the vice captain to take over the role as captain, without any fuss :clap but who is going to be 3rd choice now, Rio Ferdinand has been injured for a lengthy spell so potentially will not be able to participate.

I genuinely hope that John Terry will be able to sort out his private life, particularly the situation regarding his wife and children.

I think the vast majority of posts here have genuinely reflected the feeling of the mass population so the right thing was done - ooh and Steve :pow :iamwin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:18 pm 
Top of the pops

:smilielol don't do footy but sven went with ulrika and some other bird :smilielol nothing happened to him

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:34 pm 
Idol

Fair point, however, the England captain is a more revered and responsible position for the youth at grass roots level which is why JT had to go.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:52 pm 
Top of the pops

Posted i knew nothing about footie :smilielol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:17 am 
Idol

:wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:50 am 

Fabio Capello should really have named Gary Neville as the new England captain, , ,
based on the fact that he's got no chance of getting off with anyone's missus!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:07 am 
Forum Admin

Genno wrote:
Fabio Capello should really have named Gary Neville as the new England captain, , ,
based on the fact that he's got no chance of getting off with anyone's missus!

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:44 pm 
Top of the pops

This must have saved the tabloids a bundle by not having to do any serious reporting.
Who in heavens name is interested in Terry's extra marital affirs? The so called fans? 90% of whom are ranting chanting bozos who go out to the pub wearing England or local team shirts.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:16 pm 
Idol

Bassman62 wrote:
This must have saved the tabloids a bundle by not having to do any serious reporting.
Who in heavens name is interested in Terry's extra marital affirs? The so called fans? 90% of whom are ranting chanting bozos who go out to the pub wearing England or local team shirts.

I am interested in John Terry's extra marital affairs as it has an impact on grass roots football. I am a fan of England and would not really class myself as a ranting, chanting bozo, what is wrong with wearing an England shirt to show support for your team, would you be so quick to condemn any other country for wearing their national teams' shirt. I find that you are stereo typing the majority instead of realising that it is a minority who are ranting, chanting bozo's :!:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:34 pm 
Top of the pops

JoKing wrote:
Bassman62 wrote:

I am interested in John Terry's extra marital affairs as it has an impact on grass roots football. I am a fan of England and would not really class myself as a ranting, chanting bozo, what is wrong with wearing an England shirt to show support for your team, would you be so quick to condemn any other country for wearing their national teams' shirt. I find that you are stereo typing the majority instead of realising that it is a minority who are ranting, chanting bozo's :!:

I said 90% not all; if you were really interested in grass roots football you'd be looking why some clubs are in danger of going into administration which is all down to 'cheque book management' paying ridiculous wagers, transfer fees and bringing in foreign players a go-go.
Regarding wearing footbal shirts to go out in it is as daft as boy scouts going out at night in their uniforms and chanting 'Ging Gang Goolie' whilst the soccerites chant 'Earwig Joe'. :tickedoff

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body