The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pound tumbles
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:01 am 
Idol

When will it settle, 1.185 and dropping.

Post subject: Re: Pound tumbles
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:06 pm 
Top of the pops

Below parity maybe 0.9 or 0.8.
All the learned folk said this would happen, unfortunately 52% did not take the warnings or indeed the vote seriously.

Don't any of you brexiteers start moaning about money, reciprocal health care, residency or pensions.

as is often said "be careful what you wish for." :rain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:08 pm 
Rock Star

Polemi Dave wrote:
All the learned folk said this would happen, unfortunately 52% did not take the warnings or indeed the vote seriously.

Don't any of you brexiteers start moaning about money, reciprocal health care, residency or pensions.

:agree :goodpost

1.179 as I type

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:30 pm 
Rock Star

Polemi Dave wrote:

They won't moan ... after all, they got their future back

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:51 pm 
Top of the pops

Polemi Dave wrote:

:goodpost The trouble is that although you have stated FACTS, they will still say you are "moaning". :greetings

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:24 pm 
Top of the pops

Polemi Dave wrote:

Nothing to moan about apart from the falling pound, everything else is fine and we are celebrating.
Geoff.
Brexiteer and UKIP Member.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:43 pm 
Major

Location: A place to meet people with a common interest - as long as you all RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!
Quote:
Nothing to moan about apart from the falling pound,

Oh, that's OK then...

Credit downgrades are now more than likely to cost the UK many multiples of it's annual EU net contributions, not least through additional borrowing costs to the Treasury. Genius.

Admission from Hannan that free movement (in and out) is likely to remain such that the UK can continue to access the common market. Such a shame after promising the Brexiteers that immigration would be controlled...

All in all, a fantastic win by the un-enlightened.

Most users online was 189 on 24 Feb 2009, before I banned them and deleted their posts.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:48 pm 
Top of the pops

Also Standard Life have frozen their Trust Fund re proprties and building, as the withdrawals have been overwhelming, thus have done so to try and protect the remaining investors. Another "result" from Brexit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:59 pm 
Top of the pops

geoffreys wrote:

Nothing to moan about apart from the falling pound, everything else is fine and we are celebrating.

Nothing to moan about apart from our falling incomes. Excuse me if I don't join your celebrations Geoff.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:03 pm 
Rock Star

Just for 5 bloody minutes can't all you lot who voted to stay in, give your bloody vitriol about leaving a rest. You, like the rest of the country, have absolutely NO BLOODY IDEA what will happen once we leave.
IF WE LEAVE, because Parliament hasn't voted us out yet.

And personally Jimzanob....I am totally enlightened and how DARE you and the rest keep harping on and on and on about what a bunch of unenlightened idiots those who voted out are.

All the s**t coming out about a European Super State, a European Army, and a drunk Commisioner name of Juncker........I am so very glad we will be out, assuming we don't get stabbed in the back by the cowardly policiticans who may yet listen to the moaning and whingeing from all the remainers and vote to keep us in.

So put a sock in it for a few minutes.

Thankyou.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:59 pm 
Major

Location: A place to meet people with a common interest - as long as you all RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!
Quote:
And personally Jimzanob....I am totally enlightened and how DARE you and the rest keep harping on and on and on about what a bunch of unenlightened idiots those who voted out are.

I stand corrected. I was personally totally unaware that you personally knew of the Brexit implications prior to, and were indeed 'in the loop' so to speak.

As far as "keep harping on and on", well perhaps you may see that my prior was my first post on the topic.

Quote:
Just for 5 bloody minutes can't all you lot who voted to stay in, give your bloody vitriol about leaving a rest. You, like the rest of the country, have absolutely NO BLOODY IDEA what will happen once we leave.
IF WE

Well just look what's already happened... The country is in great shape, isn't it? Congratulations.

Oh, and "put a sock in it", it's just as well you are a veritable keyboard warrior. I doubt you would say that to my face if we met.

Most users online was 189 on 24 Feb 2009, before I banned them and deleted their posts.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:16 pm 
Regular

outasite wrote:

Thankyou.

I said much the same after the vote. I voted to REMAIN.

The referendum is purely "advisory" and does not have any legal binding. etc, etc.

However, the concensus seems to that because the majority voted to leave then any future government has to abide by that wish.

Personally speaking, I do not think it all that simple. We will see. Got to elect a new PM first.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:34 pm 
Top of the pops

Meanwhile back on the foreign exchange markets the old pound is just a few ticks off 1.16.

The pounds descent today was aided and abetted by Mark Carney of Bank of England. Mr Carney has the unenviable credentials of never putting up an interest either in UK or previously in Canada. His main job it appears is to randomly appear and talk down sterling. He is staggering good at this and I for one think his goal in life was to wipe out pensioners savings and encourage reduction of the governments enormous debt by stimulating inflation. Once achieved Mr Carney will no doubt follow his predecessor Mr King in demanding those on fixed incomes to "look through 3 or 5 years inflation" and pretend it never happened.

It appears that to many voters voted brexit to show their frustration with a system that creates jobs but restrains real wages. A system that has wiped out pensioners living standards and savings.

There is no getting away from the facts that the brexit vote is increasing making all Brits lives a good bit harder. The irony is that those already disadvantaged on low incomes are going to be the hardest hit.
Although I would like to put all the Geoff's of the world in the stocks and throw rotting tomatoes at them while chanting "just see what you have done" (plus Mark Carney and Mervyn King of course) - this would achieve nothing, even if it were possible.

We have to accept that because of personal ambition the conservative leadership race will not be conceded till the late autumn. In the meantime sterling short selling is going to be dish of the day every day. I rest my hopes on Mrs May being the next PM. Till then UK is a rudderless ship with bank of England doing more harm than good. :rain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:06 pm 
Top of the pops

Worry not, the £ will recover in due course. As usual it is the victim of currency speculators such
as Soros.
Once they have made their money they will have a go at the € probably.
The low pound (£ = €1.17) is good for exporters to the EU of course, and we have about 2 years
to run before Brexit.
I have recorded the £>€ exchange rate for many years - up and down like a yoyo.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:00 pm 
Rock Star

Well the pound was once worth over 4 dollars. It hasn't recovered to that and is still on a downward slope against all major currencies. Only a couple of months ago it was about 1.40 to the euro. Don't think we'll ever see that again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:11 pm 
Master

zorbathejock wrote:
Well the pound was once worth over 4 dollars. It hasn't recovered to that and is still on a downward slope against all major currencies. Only a couple of months ago it was about 1.40 to the euro. Don't think we'll ever see that again.

When was the Pound worth $4...? Not in my memory... I used to buy all my stock from Utah between 1990 and 2002 and don't remember it being better than ~£1 = $1.95...?

Whereas the €uro rate has been lower than it is today as recently as 2013...

And checkout the potential nightmares of Greece and Italy rushing towards the €uro, the rate might improve quite soon....

Chin up... ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:39 pm 
Star

$4 to the pound was way back .....I think about 1940 .

I remember my dad used to call the old half crown (2/6d) half a dollar .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:37 pm 
Star

CyprusGrump wrote:
zorbathejock wrote:

When was the Pound worth $4...? Not in my memory... I used to buy all my stock from Utah between 1990 and 2002 and don't remember it being better than ~£1 = $1.95...?

And checkout the potential nightmares of Greece and Italy rushing towards the €uro, the rate might improve quite soon....

Chin up... ;)

So the drop of nearly sixteen cents and the Brexit are just a coincidence then?

Jim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:39 pm 
Top of the pops

Jim Zanob wrote:
Quote:

I stand corrected. I was personally totally unaware that you personally knew of the Brexit implications prior to, and were indeed 'in the loop' so to speak.

As far as "keep harping on and on", well perhaps you may see that my prior was my first post on the topic.

Quote:
IF WE

Well just look what's already happened... The country is in great shape, isn't it? Congratulations.

Oh, and "put a sock in it", it's just as well you are a veritable keyboard warrior. I doubt you would say that to my face if we met.

:clap :clap Well said Jim. How you can be sworn at 3 times(isn't that against the rules of this website?) for merely stating some facts, proves that certain people want absolutely nothing discussed about Brexit, but of course ok for them to discuss it. Your latter comments would almost definitely be so. Keep posting Jim with THE FACTS, as some of us would like to be kept informed. :greetings

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:20 pm 
Top of the pops

Now Aviva and M & G, as well as Standard Life have suspended trading in their Property Funds, due to the amount of withdrawals. Not good!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:04 pm 
Master

Jim B wrote:
CyprusGrump wrote:
zorbathejock wrote:

Chin up... ;)

So the drop of nearly sixteen cents and the Brexit are just a coincidence then?

Jim

You think...? :shock:

I doubt it to be honest...

Oh wait, you were being sarcastic right...? :lol:

No, seriously, the two are obviously linked but no Brexiters are surprised at short-term changes in the exchange rate.... ;)

It still isn't the end of the world that the Remainers predicted...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:15 pm 
Top of the pops

I am not surprised that the pound has tumbled

Cameron said as he lauched the referendum and even days before the outcome that he would in what ever happened lead our country forwards to a successful way for our great uk

And what did he do, he left us rudderless in a sea of change

He, before the markets even opened effectively walked out of his job and has done nothing to steady the shake up in the markets of the leave

Thank you David Cameron for asking our country to take a referendum that it didn,t even ask for and then for walking out of your job and leaving our country in the lurch because you did not like the answer, what an absolute shame on you for what you personally are causing to our economy in order to at least in your own eyes walk away from this saying....I told you so...what a load of rubish, we needed David Cameron at the helm to get through the early weeks of the shake up of a new order to sort things out and to steady the markets and let's be honest , Cameron threw the towel in, in a strop. What a weak man.

Things will settle down when we have a new Prime Minister, until then I am not expecting any great shakes as the world knows that the great UK,s Prime Minister is no longer there to lead our country and so we are being tossed about leaderless with no words of comfort that things will be okay, on the unknown

Shame on Cameron, not the outcome of the referendum, but for putting our country through all of this unneeded.

And added to his shame, shame on the Labour Party for deciding at this monumental moment to call for a coup to happen within their party, leaving us the uk with effectively no parliament at all to govern us right now

The pound and the country will return to normal once we have a full government back in power to lead us through as a nation

Roll on September

Off soap box , head down for the flack :soap :explode

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:56 am 
Top of the pops

migmogs wrote:
to take a referendum that it didn,t even ask for
Apart from that comment - lots of people have been asking for a referendum for many years - I agree with all you say. Not only Cameron but Osborne and Mark Carney seem determined to talk the country down.

Upheaval was inevitable so I don't know why anyone is surprised by it, but now the die has been cast, it needs someone strong and committed to drive it forwards. The potential this result has given the country is huge, but not if it is squandered by those in the establishment who are still seeking to change the result.

The EU is going to collapse. Of that there can be little doubt. It is what rises from the ashes that is important. For that the last thing we need are self serving career politicians, with delusions of superiority, who put their own jobs before the needs of the country. Frankly I too am appalled at Cameron's weakness of character.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:31 am 
Junior

outasite wrote:

All the s**t coming out about a European Super State, a European Army, and a drunk Commisioner name of Juncker........I am so very glad we will be out, assuming we don't get stabbed in the back by the cowardly policiticans who may yet listen to the moaning and whingeing from all the remainers and vote to keep us in.

So put a sock in it for a few minutes.

Thankyou.

:clap :clapping :uk :goodpost :congrats

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:45 am 
Star

I'm afraid opinions re the UK Leaving the EU, will affect British lives both in the UK and in the EU for sometime in some way, so trying to shut down talk about it especially from those who didn't vote Leave won't happen...I would get used to it. We all have that right to speak our minds, you have the right to disagree and say why you do, but you do not get the ability to say stop talking...perhaps don't ask for the impossible...

I'm not surprised at all that Cameron resigned, to do so immediately IMO was the surprise but he didn't want an exit, so why should he take responsibility for it? The fact is his resignation back footed the leaders of Brexit....causing the now rat sinking ship scenario....it was probably a good decision in the end...

Personally ( in the UK ) nothing will change at this stage it's just all stuff in the news! unless we re going on holiday, so less euros...we were not coming out to Cyprus this year, but this has changed things...we now must make a decision what to do with our property there, before the exit happens...as it will. So will no doubt be out come the autumn...

Many are making the big mistake of seeing leave only in economic terms.

There are other major issues we need to address, such as identity, social justice, community, race and class divisions, the future of the UK. I hope May can now step in and clean up the Eton boys' mess, and in future I hope we'll have a government with a good balance of women and real men.

It's not just about imports and exports. It's about financial markets, and you don't get a vote on how they choose to respond.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:41 am 
Master

Agree with the above comments on Cameron - his behaviour has been disgraceful.

Not only walking out after the result like a spoilt child (after previously promising to remain and manage negotiations), but publicly stating before the vote that no preparations had been made for Brexit - even when the polls were close.

Now he seems to be in hiding... Shame on him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:32 am 
Top of the pops

This was just emailed to me.
As the EU still wants us to fund their schemes ...What do you think of how we have progressed ?

One Billion

The next time you hear a politician use the word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about whether you want the 'politicians' spending YOUR tax money.
A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of its releases.

A billion seconds ago it was 1959.
A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.
A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.
A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

Stamp Duty
Tobacco Tax
Corporate Tax
Income Tax
Council Tax
Unemployment Tax
Fishing Licence Tax
Petrol/Diesel Tax
Inheritance Tax
(tax on top of tax)
Alcohol Tax
Property Tax
Service charge taxes
Social Security Tax
Vehicle Licence / Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Carbon Dioxide Tax
Etc..

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 80 years ago and our nation was one of the most prosperous in the world.
We had the largest middle class in the world.
Mum stayed home to raise the kids.
Dad and teachers were allowed to discipline kids.
A criminals life was uncomfortable.
Boat people were kids sailing on the harbour.

What the hell happened?
'Political Correctness', ˜Politicians', or both?'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:59 am 
Graduate

On the 27th November 2015, the pound sterling rate to the Euro was 1.42, today it is 1.17, 25 cents difference. Unfortunately, as my only income is a GBP pension, this low exchange rate makes it impossible for me to live in Cyprus. It's that simple. My pension no longer covers my living expenses. I have lost €400 a month and thats what I pay in rent on my house. I would have to find and additional €400 every month to maintain what I had. I could take it from my savings? but that would diminish my savings by €4,800 a year. and my savings are my 'safety net'. I am now planning to leave the island within the next 2 months. I may come back to visit in a few years time, who knows, they may even have finished the Tomb of the Kings road by then?......then again probably not.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:08 pm 
Top of the pops

Sadly the rates change all of the time,
when we first came here in 2010 the rate was 1.16 or thereabouts
Then over the years it at one point dropped to 1.10
These last few years it has been higher and still fluctuated
It has always been swings and roundabouts
So not as low as it can get yet
And it will go back up again
We have been spoiled for the last couple of years

Enjoy your new destination screaming eagle, hope things pan out better for you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:04 pm 
Top of the pops

screamineagle wrote:
On the 27th November 2015, the pound sterling rate to the Euro was 1.42, today it is 1.17.
Good job you weren't here in 2011 when the exchange rate was below 1.17 for just about the whole year - frequently much lower e.g. 1,05 in July. Or in 2008 where the year ended with a rate of 1.04. But you wouldn't have been complaining in 2007 when it was 1.49.

Exchange rates go up and down all the time. Even without the present uncertainty a 20% swing was considered normal. If you cannot accommodate such a swing, then you should not be living in a country that has a different and variable currency from that in which your income is derived. 1.20 is about where the rate should be consider optimal for UK trade.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:13 pm 
Rock Star

Screaming Eagle - if you decided to live over here due to a rate of 1.42 I have to say that was rather shortsighted of you! I believe the 1.42 rate did not last long at all - maybe a few days? 1.30 I would have thought to be a better average over the year and yes even at that you have lost and so have we when it plummets to 1.17 but in my opinion it is not wise to make snap decisions. If you make a hasty decision to leave then it will cost you a lot more than a few months loss of income. Certainly, although it is none of my business if you have lost 400 euros per month then you are on a rather good Pension to begin with. Both my husband and myself together have probably had our income reduced by 200 Euros this month so we shall just have to adjust our life style a bit - few less meals out and grin and bear it because it WILL get better!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:21 pm 
Star

Bossy Boots wrote:
...... it WILL get better!

Maybe but will we live to see it; I don't think so. The pound fall is directly linked to the Brexit and Migmogs, nothing to do with fluctuations in the market. If there had of been no referendum there would have been no plummet of the pound against the Euro. I'm fortunate at the moment I can just throw more pounds down the drain to buy the same amount of Euro's we spend every month but many cannot do that, so glib statements saying "will get better" don't wash with them.

Jim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:32 pm 
Rock Star

Yes Jim B , of course you are right in saying the current drop in currency rates is due to Brexit as one of the reasons but of course also the resignation of the PM, chaos in both the Labour and Tory Parties which although as a result of Brexit did not have to be!
Once we have a new government in place let us see what happens. In fact why don't we have a gamble on here so here goes my prediction!!
I predict that by October 2016 the Euro against the Pound Sterling will be between `1.20 - 1.25

Neil - Dave - can we have this as a sticky until October?!!
Neil - Can the nearest win a voucher for the Brittania

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:43 pm 
Rock Star

SFD wrote:
This was just emailed to me.
As the EU still wants us to fund their schemes ...What do you think of how we have progressed ?

One Billion

The next time you hear a politician use the word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about whether you want the 'politicians' spending YOUR tax money.
A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of its releases.

A billion seconds ago it was 1959.
A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.
A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.
A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

Stamp Duty
Tobacco Tax
Corporate Tax
Income Tax
Council Tax
Unemployment Tax
Fishing Licence Tax
Petrol/Diesel Tax
Inheritance Tax
(tax on top of tax)
Alcohol Tax
Property Tax
Service charge taxes
Social Security Tax
Vehicle Licence / Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Carbon Dioxide Tax
Etc..

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 80 years ago and our nation was one of the most prosperous in the world.
We had the largest middle class in the world.
Mum stayed home to raise the kids.
Dad and teachers were allowed to discipline kids.
A criminals life was uncomfortable.
Boat people were kids sailing on the harbour.

What the hell happened?
'Political Correctness', ˜Politicians', or both?'

I don't believe a word that you say SFD. You should check your facts.

A billion seconds is 31 years, so that would give us 1985 - not 1959 as stated in your post.

I can't be bothered checking the rest of your nonsense post ... I but did wonder which country had "the largest middle class in the world" 80 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:50 pm 
Master

kato paphos wrote:

A billion seconds is 31 years, so that would give us 1985 - not 1959 as stated in your post.

I can't be bothered checking the rest of your nonsense post ... I but did wonder which country had "the largest middle class in the world" 80 years ago.

It depends if you use an American billion - 1,000,000,000 or an English billion - 1,000,000,000,000

An English billion seconds ago it was 1959... ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:07 pm 
Rock Star

CyprusGrump wrote:
kato paphos wrote:

It depends if you use an American billion - 1,000,000,000 or an English billion - 1,000,000,000,000

I don't believe a word you say either CyprusGrump. Maths not your forte at school?

1bn seconds (1,000,000,000) = 31 years ago

1,000bn seconds (1,000,000,000,000) = 31,000 years ago ... 29,000BC, not 1959AD.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:23 pm 
Master

kato paphos wrote:
CyprusGrump wrote:
kato paphos wrote:

I don't believe a word you say either CyprusGrump. Maths not your forte at school?

1bn seconds (1,000,000,000) = 31 years ago

1,000bn seconds (1,000,000,000,000) = 31,000 years ago ... 29,000BC, not 1959AD.

Oh well, I was pointing out the difference in billions (which had obviously escaped you) and took the OP date as read... :roll:

Still, that surely enforces the point the OP was making...? ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:33 pm 
Top of the pops

:there :tickedoff :sunny :greetings Isn't it funny how 'a bit of trivia from the internet' can cause so many posts ... and 'some' running to find a calculator ?
Lighten up !

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:38 pm 
Master

SFD wrote:
:there :tickedoff :sunny :greetings Isn't it funny how 'a bit of trivia from the internet' can cause so many posts ... and 'some' running to find a calculator ?
Lighten up !

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:06 pm 
Rock Star

CyprusGrump wrote:
SFD wrote:
Lighten up !

It just proves SFD/CyprusGrump that you'll post any old rubbish on this forum, without checking facts, just to try and make a point.

It also proves that you live in the past, with your reference to a US billion and a UK billion. I guess you don't deal in big numbers very often, and therefore you don't know that the UK hasn't used that definition of a million million in decades.

No running for a calculator (there's one on my phone, ha ha) ... unlike you with nothing better to do than to regurgitate something which was circulating in the US 10 years ago ... and you took the time to try and change the taxes to represent UK taxes. A pathetic waste of your time. Or maybe not. Maybe you have nothing better to do

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:21 pm 
Regular

kato paphos wrote:

It just proves SFD/CyprusGrump that ..... you have nothing better to do

Like so many ex prats.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:23 pm 
Master

kato paphos wrote:
CyprusGrump wrote:
SFD wrote:
Lighten up !

It just proves SFD/CyprusGrump that you'll post any old rubbish on this forum, without checking facts, just to try and make a point.

It also proves that you live in the past, with your reference to a US billion and a UK billion. I guess you don't deal in big numbers very often, and therefore you don't know that the UK hasn't used that definition of a million million in decades.

No running for a calculator (there's one on my phone, ha ha) ... unlike you with nothing better to do than to regurgitate something which was circulating in the US 10 years ago ... and you took the time to try and change the taxes to represent UK taxes. A pathetic waste of your time. Or maybe not. Maybe you have nothing better to do

Wow a post so clever and knowledgeable that you had to send it by PM too! :lol:

Except I'm not SFD... :roll:

And I didn't regurgitate it - I didn't post it at all... :roll:

Easily confused aren't you...? ;)

It was actually you that had nothing better to do than work out that 'a billion seconds ago' was not 1959! :lol:

A pathetic waste of your time... ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:00 pm 
Top of the pops

:clap
CyprusGrump wrote:
kato paphos wrote:
SFD wrote:
Lighten up !

Wow a post so clever and knowledgeable that you had to send it by PM too! :lol:

Except I'm not SFD... :roll:

And I didn't regurgitate it - I didn't post it at all... :roll:

Easily confused aren't you...? ;)

It was actually you that had nothing better to do than work out that 'a billion seconds ago' was not 1959! :lol:

A pathetic waste of your time... ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:05 pm 
Rock Star

SFD with your half a brain, you ought to get together with CyprusGrump with his half a brain. No, wait a minute you are joined at the hip, so you are sharing a brain.

Are you so really stupid that when you look at UK trade figures that you think the billions quoted are millions of millions, rather than the accepted thousand of millions?

And when I tell you that a billion seconds is 31 years, taking us back to 1985, you tell me that if I use a million million seconds, that will take us back 57 years to 1959.

My god, to think that you were allowed to vote in the referendum.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:18 pm 
Master

kato paphos wrote:
SFD with your half a brain, you ought to get together with CyprusGrump with his half a brain. No, wait a minute you are joined at the hip, so you are sharing a brain.

Are you so really stupid that when you look at UK trade figures that you think the billions quoted are millions of millions, rather than the accepted thousand of millions?

And when I tell you that a billion seconds is 31 years, taking us back to 1985, you tell me that if I use a million million seconds, that will take us back 57 years to 1959.

To be fair, that post was a pathetic waste of your time... ;)

I bet you love playing with that calculator on your phone don't you...? :lol:

Can you do that thing where you turn it upside-down and it says "SHELL OIL" yet...?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:00 am 
Top of the pops

Amazing, innit? All the things which Remainers forecast would happen in the event of Brexit come to fruition. But is it the Brexiteers fault? Oh no, it's Cameron for resigning (as most people would expect him to do), Corbyn...and even the Governor of the Bank of England (who also foretold and warned what would happen).

Brexiteers just don't want to take responsibility for their actions, do they?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:23 am 
Top of the pops

kato paphos wrote:

Maybe your (w)hole brain can solve simultaneous quadratic equations, too ?
Equations with unknowns. They are called simultaneous because they must both be solved at the same time.
The "±" means you need to do a plus AND a minus, so there are normally TWO solutions !
Must try harder ( or, in your case, guessing).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:42 am 
Rock Star

Sorry Yakflyer but I disagree! You state that most people would expect Cameron to resign WHY?!!

He was the PM who agreed to the Referendum. He is the leader of our country. He therefore should have the responsibility to lead the country on the democratic decision that was taken. Instead he just threw his dummy out and resigned!
I have always had a lot of respect for Cameron but not now. He knew that the decision to exit the EU was going to rock the boat and he decided to rock it even more so I say shame on you David Cameron! I would have expected better from you!i

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:10 am 
Top of the pops

Yakflyer wrote:
Amazing, innit? All the things which Remainers forecast would happen in the event of Brexit come to fruition. But is it the Brexiteers fault? Oh no, it's Cameron for resigning (as most people would expect him to do), Corbyn...and even the Governor of the Bank of England (who also foretold and warned what would happen).

Brexiteers just don't want to take responsibility for their actions, do they?
On the contrary, I suspect that most who voted leave who thought about the potential disruption would have expected upheaval in the markets and with the value of the pound, as such times are a mecca for speculators. The problem has however been exacerabated by Cameron's resignation and unwillingness to take responsibility for his actions and do as he promised and declare Article 50 immediately to put an end to the speculation and start whatever negotiations are necessary to get Britain quickly out of the EU.

Instead Cameron simply dropped the ball and started a leadership campaign which leaves the country rudderless for months. Then at the same time Her Majesty's opposition, such as they are, also began an exercise in self destruction. A country without a leader and without an effective opposition is essentially a free-for-all and that is what we have.

Unlike the previous correspondent, I have always seen Cameron as weak, with appalling judgement, as has been shown time and again. He talks a good job and has a fine set of speech writers, but he is just as shallow and self serving as Blair, who he has continually tried to emulate ... and look at Blair now - looking forward to years of legal battles that hopefully will bankrupt him as he will never see the inside of the cell he deserves. Frankly Cameron has plumbed even lower depths with this failure to lead.

Hopefully when we have a new prime minister, he or she will get a firm grip and start to lead, for the future for Britain after this period of uncertainty is really bright. I make no apologies for voting to leave. I have wanted that for years. Shackled to a failing superstate is not a way forward for Britain. Agonising over previous trade agreements by relatively minor countries is ridiculous. Europe needs trade with Britain. Germany needs trade with Britain to survive as the paymaster for Europe. A deal that suits both is certainly possible. It just needs the uncertainty of direction to stop before there will be any beneficial change.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:27 am 
Star

I would say very few had your wisdom KG and just used the vote to stick a finger up at the Government; what's the saying; act in haste and repent at leisure, I think there are quite a few regretting their actions.

Jim

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body