The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:49 pm 
Major

Hello all,
After trying two Android Minix boxes and having problems I have decided to get a small laptop computer to use as a set top box to stream Filmon and Kodi etc does anyone know which shop is the best for this purchase, e.g. Public, Stephanis, Electroline or similar in Paphos?
Thanks
I should have said our Smart TV is a Samsung 2015 model UE48HU7500LXXH the 3D model and the computer we would buy would be connected to that. Thanks for your replies. Now looking at Nvidia Shield at Bionic which seems the best option although would have liked to get the Pro version. Thanks to all that have responded.

Last edited by windowsxp10 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:11 pm 
Top of the pops

windowsxp10 wrote:
Hello all,
After trying two Android Minix boxes and having problems I have decided to get a small laptop computer to use as a set top box to stream Filmon and Kodi etc does anyone know which shop is the best for this purchase, e.g. Public, Stephanis, Electroline or similar in Paphos?
Thanks

If you have problems with Minix, ask at Premier Electrics .... they are good at solving such problems.
For computers, I have use SOS (Chlorika/ Lemba road) .... personal service
or compare with prices at Stephanis ( near the Law Courts & Tax Office in town).
I cannot comment re. Euroline, as I have only used them for kitchen goods in the past.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:08 pm 
Rock Star

Rather than a laptop, have you considered a MAG250/254 with a subscription to someone like IPTV360 (generally said to be the best service bar none)? You can get a Freeview package for around €10 per month with a proper programme guide plus a week's catch-up on most channels.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:41 pm 
Regular

Have you looed into the Triotech Clearstream system.

We have used them for several years now without any issues.

Their latest box, the M9, has all the bells and whistles you will need.

It is a simple plug and play box.

They offer ...

FilmOn ie Freeview UK tv, iplayer lite which is BBC only, a Soap and Quiz channel, their own clearstream catchup which gives you up to 3 weeks replay on all channels, a multitude of film and boxset tv facilities. All free after the initial purchase. Currently 119 euros.

The only ongoing cost is sports channels but even some of those are free if you search through the list.

And it is portable.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:13 pm 
Major

Not sure why you are struggling with a smart TV and android boxes I have 3 working fine on 10 mb Cyta internet . Hardly any buffering,,,, I also use my pc to occasionally view some streams find it best to renew repos etc through the Maintenence addons...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:19 am 
We have three android box's, work brilliant....google SEO Michael for step by step set up......as for sport pay for Sportsmania add on..50 pound a year for every sport on the planet HD no buffer brilliant.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body