Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 5:14 pm

The Paphos People Advert

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:45 am 
Top of the pops

Simon, what is the sequencing on new registrations and number plates we seemed to move from L to M very quickly.
Can an old number be retained on a newer vehicle and can a 'cherished' number be bought.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:52 am 
Rock Star

Tanny

As I understand it, only letters that appear in the Greek alphabet will be used on number plates in future.

Probably making a fresh start at MAA 001.

How big is your brown envelope may be the answer to your other questions!

Alan
:woohoo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:07 pm 
Major

Alans correct, did I just say that!!!.
However the brown enverlope is a load of bull. The reg is given when car is first registed and stay with car. I have never hear anyone that could buy a personal plate. Unless your name comes out by chance ie BAZ, LEN.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:45 pm 
Graduate

Location: Shrewsbury Shropshire, but preparing for a new adventure
Hi Simon, ref personal plates..... I have been here coming up 4 years now and regularly see the same certain vehicles with personalised UK plates, and also standard plates, not many I grant you but they are out there.
Is there something that not common knowledge here, available to retain a UK plate on a vehicle after it is brought into the country? Or is it a matter that the owners have not been pulled yet or is it another matter of 'it's who you know?

Rob

I'm not lost...........just undiscovered.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:48 pm 
Master

I have to change the number plate on my bike to a standard uniform style and size, is the any news in the offing regarding cars?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:22 pm 
Top of the pops

J.AND.K wrote:
I have to change the number plate on my bike to a standard uniform style and size, is the any news in the offing regarding cars?

http://www.cyprusdriving.net/documents/ ... e_2013.php

Registration Plate Law from June 2013

New Motorcycle Plate.

The new law on vehicle registration plates came into force on the 3rd June 2013.
It requires that new vehicles after that date will have to fit the new plates. They will be white and conform to strict guidelines regarding size, font etc.

Those plates that are already fitted to most vehicles do not have to be changed unless they need replacing or the owner wishes too.

However those fitted to mopeds, motorcycles (including tricycles and quadricycles), taxis and trucks, will need to be replaced with new plates by the 3rd December 2013.

The plates can only be made up by those licenced by the Department of Road Transport. You will need to take with you the registration document (log book) for the vehicle and identification. The type of identification must be the same as used when the vehicle was registered, the number as shown at item [c.9] on newer log books.

A full list of those isuued to make the plates for all areas can be downloaded in pdf form here.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:48 am 
Major

The people on uk plates have not regested the car. They may be driving without mot and tax, so probabley not insured. Also if uk mot expired will have to return car to uk to retain plate.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body