Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 7:10 pm

The Paphos People Advert

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:59 pm 
Forum Admin

I am hearing that the new way of calculating road tax is going to be on omissions ,
Anything over a 2.0L engine is going to get hammered ..
So all those with big twin cabs , BMW`s Mercs etc are going get it very hard ..
So if you are thinking of getting rid of your big car , now is the best time to do it ..
;)

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:19 pm 
Top of the pops

Heard the same thing about emissions Neil, just about to get a new car and it's a 1.6 so hopefully lower emissions etc. Guess it's partly the environmental concerns and mainly that the Govt. need money!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:08 pm 
Star

Due to modern car engine technology CO2 emissions are constantly being improved. It is possible that you may have a new 2 litre Honda CRV paying less road tax than say a 10 year old 1.6 litre Nissan Pulsar.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:25 pm 
Major

I have hear simlar rumers , I belive the changes will not effect current cars only newly registered, may be the last chance to get a big engine car.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:07 pm 

I love it!
Two posts here which show the pessimist and the optimists view .

From the viewpoint of the man on the street, it may be time to get rid and from the car salesman - it could your last chance to get one... :grin:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:35 pm 
Star

Excuse me for being confused is it road tax or vehicle tax :greetings

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:47 pm 
Major

This topic will run and run. On thursday a new law about road tax will be voted in the govenment.
Any cars registed or phisical in cyprus will be subject to a small increase of about 10/30€. Twin cabs will loose discount and be taxed as saloons. The problem will be new arrivals with higher co2. If you have a 1.6 with co higher than 180 the tax will be 400€ pa. The imports from japan will be hit the hardest as they have higher co than eu modles. The law is still in draft and the numbers keep changeing . The way I see it is that big engine new import used cars are dead in the water, any in the market will go up in price as happened when co linked duty came out. I will upate this as new ino comes though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:56 am 

From today’s Cyprus Mail

The new road tax charge for vehicles registered from the start of next year will depend on their CO2 emissions.
Vehicles registered by the end of the year will not have to pay road tax based on their CO2 emissions, as part of new legislation, but their owners will be charged an additional fee depending on engine size.
Specifically, electric cars will be exempted from the registration fee.
The same goes for vehicles with CO2 emissions of less than or equal to 120g/km (combined cycle).
The registration fee for vehicles with CO2 emissions over 120g/km and up to 150g/km will be €25 per gramme over 120.
A €750 fee will be charged for vehicles emitting between 150g/km and 180g/km and a €2,250 fee for emissions above that, plus €400 for every gramme over 180.
The new road tax will be charged as follows: vehicles emitting 120g/km, €0.5 per gramme, 120g/km – 150g/km, €3, 150g/km – 180g/km, €3, and over 180g/km, €8.
For already registered vehicles (cars and motorcycles) , the bill provides for a special fee – above and beyond the current road tax – of €10 for low emissions, €20 for vehicles with engine displacements up to 2,050 cubic centimeters, and €30 for vehicles with engine displacements than 2,050 cc.

Read to whole story here
http://cyprus-mail.com/2013/09/03/last-minute-changes-could-be-made-to-new-road-tax-bill/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body