The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: We are done!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:43 pm 
Top of the pops

Absolutely fabulous news

What a relief.....

We have both now had our first vaccinations!

We both had Astrazeneca and are feeling great!

:sunny :sunny :sunny :sunny :sunny

Stay safe all

Post subject: Re: We are done!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:46 pm 

OPA :bearhug

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:03 pm 
Regular

That's great Migmogs!!
We have now both had our 2nd jabs, still being careful of course and wonder if we will ever feel really safe again BUT getting my hair cut finally next week when Hairdressers open again - can't wait!!!( whatever she will think of my clumsy attempts at DIY I shudder to think!!)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:34 pm 
Top of the pops

Poppytim wrote:
That's great Migmogs!!
We have now both had our 2nd jabs, still being careful of course and wonder if we will ever feel really safe again BUT getting my hair cut finally next week when Hairdressers open again - can't wait!!!( whatever she will think of my clumsy attempts at DIY I shudder to think!!)

Thank you for your kind thoughts
And yes still behaving with care

Have to laugh on your DIY hair dilemmas

I asked my lovely OH last summer to shave and tidy my neck line of the short hairs that can grow down your neck ....hm! Well with hair trimmers in hand...yes he tidied my neck line ...but he also shaved off without me realizing ...loads of my real hair when tidying up my neck line ....shock: :shock: :shock:

So I now have a fringe on my neck when I put my hair up

Arghhhhhhhhhhh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:36 pm 
Top of the pops

M.A.D wrote:
OPA :bearhug

Thank you MAD

We are so relieved and so happy

Woooohoooooooo

:party

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:47 pm 
Idol

I've had my final jab too ................... it was the BCG vax at scool in 1953 :crylaughin and I feel great too and no worries. Out twice every day walking the dog down by the coast, no mask (and nor has anyone else, except the odd ex-pat, the Cypriots are far more sensible).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:35 am 
Regular

I presume you wear a mask when entering a shop?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:50 am 
Rock Star

Congratulations Migmogs.

I am just waiting for my second jab and OH is having the first jab next week. Both are Pfizer but were booked by the doctor.

Fantastic to see the number of people following common sense and getting their jabs.

Is it time to book the cruise from Limassol yet (sounds like fun, but surprisingly expensive).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:25 am 
Idol

Poppytim wrote:

Yes, that I do with great reluctance. I had 2 guys deliver a new washing machine a while ago. As they got out of the van and went to put masks on I told them my house was a mask free zone, they thanked me and were very pleased to whip them off, so they were'nt worried about catching anything from me either!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:34 am 
Rock Star

Old Twister wrote:
Poppytim wrote:

Yes, that I do with great reluctance. I had 2 guys deliver a new washing machine a while ago. As they got out of the van and went to put masks on I told them my house was a mask free zone, they thanked me and were very pleased to whip them off, so they were'nt worried about catching anything from me either!

Please don't post your nonsense on this site. You know you are in the wrong and I imagine that you are only doing it to provoke a response. During the current pandemic there is no such thing as a mask free zone and you are well aware that to do that is an offence and I very much look forward to the authorities knocking on your door to explain the error of your ways and accompany it by a substantial fine.

This is a thread about the relief and joy of finally getting vaccinated. Why do you feel the need to carry with the anti vaxxing negativity?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:40 am 
Star

Effsie wrote:
Old Twister wrote:
Poppytim wrote:

Please don't post your nonsense on this site. You know you are in the wrong and I imagine that you are only doing it to provoke a response.

This is a thread about the relief and joy of finally getting vaccinated. Why do you feel the need to carry with the anti vaxxing negativity?

Because he's a Berk, just ignore him!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:46 am 

OT I sincerely hope you have a pleasant summer with your non ex-pat Limassol ‘sensible’ Cypriot pals
I just can’t understand why you would want to be a member of this ‘ex-pat’ forum why not joins a ‘sensible’ Cypriot one?

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:27 pm 
Idol

Effsie wrote:
During the current pandemic there is no such thing as a mask free zone and you are well aware that to do that is an offence
Absolute nonsence - there is no legal requirement to wear a mask when walking a dog on your own (or with one other person with social distancing) along virtually empty coastal paths or other similar open spaces, and if I choose to allow workers into my house without wearing a mask that is entirely up to me. I also had a problem with my telephone line and a guy from Cyta arrived without wearing a mask and I was perfectly happy to let him in.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:30 pm 
Idol

M.A.D wrote:
OT I sincerely hope you have a pleasant summer with your non ex-pat Limassol ‘sensible’ Cypriot pals
I just can’t understand why you would want to be a member of this ‘ex-pat’ forum why not joins a ‘sensible’ Cypriot one?

Because I'm an immigrant ex-pat who can't speak or read Greek! :crylaughin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:31 pm 
Rock Star

Old Twister wrote:
Absolute nonsence - there is no legal requirement to wear a mask when walking a dog on your own (or with one other person with social distancing) along virtually empty coastal paths or other similar open spaces
There is a requirement for workmen to wear masks in your home. Also it is an offence to walk dogs on the coastal paths!

Old Twister wrote:
and if I choose to allow workers into my house without wearing a mask that is entirely up to me. I also had a problem with my telephone line and a guy from Cyta arrived without wearing a mask and I was perfectly happy to let him in.

Of course it isn't entirely up to you. I appreciate that, at 78 years of age, you don't particularly care, but you are still subject to the same rules as the rest of us.

PS - I think you meant to say nonsense!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:28 pm 
Idol

Effsie wrote:
Also it is an offence to walk dogs on the coastal path

I almost feel guilty having to correct you yet again but your above statement is clearly not true. If it was true the authority would not go to the trouble of supplying fixed bins exclusively for walkers to dispose of dog poo, nor would they erect signs to say 'dogs must only be walked on a lead'. Yes, on the coastal path where I and many others go, but maybe not all coastal paths.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:53 pm 
Master

Effsie wrote:

Of course it isn't entirely up to you. I appreciate that, at 78 years of age, you don't particularly care, but you are still subject to the same rules as the rest of us

I find that comment rather offensive - in fact I believe the opposite, the elderly are more likely to 'particularly care'.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:07 pm 

Alexis wrote:
Effsie wrote:

Of course it isn't entirely up to you. I appreciate that, at 78 years of age, you don't particularly care, but you are still subject to the same rules as the rest of us

I find that comment rather offensive - in fact I believe the opposite, the elderly are more likely to 'particularly care'.

I don't think that was a 'generalisation' of 'older / elderly people' but on a particular individual

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:21 pm 
Top of the pops

To get back on point :grin:

I was completely relieved and happy as was my OH
That he was able as I was to get his first vaccination

He is in the highly vulnerable group...and lots more on the forum are
in the high vulnerable group, waiting patiently for their vaccinations

I hope...that all that want to get vaccinated for what ever reason...get vaccinated soon.

For my husband ...had he caught the virus he would have died...to have had now the first vaccination and knowing that in a few weeks time when it has started to build in his immune system....that he now will have something in his virus tool kit box ...to help him to survive the virus...if he ever sadly caught it ...that relief of him and myself ...both getting vaccinated has been immeasurable to us both

thank you to the kind responses
:bearhug
Stay safe all

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:04 pm 
Master

How long does the vaccine take to become effective?

While you will need two doses of the vaccine to get the best long-term protection from the virus, you will still have a significant level of protection at 22 days after you received the first dose.

https://www.ouh.nhs.uk/working-for-us/s ... ccine.aspx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:18 pm 
Top of the pops

Alexis wrote:
How long does the vaccine take to become effective?

While you will need two doses of the vaccine to get the best long-term protection from the virus, you will still have a significant level of protection at 22 days after you received the first dose.

https://www.ouh.nhs.uk/working-for-us/s ... ccine.aspx

absolutely Alexis

Counting down the days to significant level of protective cover

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body