Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:33 pm

Play Pool, Darts in Paphos, Cyprus Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:46 pm 
Rock Star

Well, after being given a severe “nudge” by Neil, I am starting my own Moving Diary.

I will introduce us first – me Tina of course, and my OH is Guy. I am 55 and Guy is 60 in April. The last addition to the family is Daisy, now 2, our soppy border collie. Guy and I married in Paphos 4 years ago (nearly anyway) but have been together for 11. We knew each other as teenagers and lost touch for some 20 odd years, whilst Guy was off touring the US with various rock bands as a guitar technician. During this time I too had another life – married with daughter Sam (Sammia), and now we have granddaughter Mia. In that other life, we had an apartment off the TOTK road, opposite the Venus Beach Hotel, which we bought in 1986 and have been coming to Cyprus ever since. The apartment was sold as part of the divorce settlement, but Cyprus has always been our second home even without a home there.

I introduced Guy to Cyprus about 7 years ago and he was sold on it very quickly. We had already decided that our retirement would not be spent in the UK and we moved out of the rat race aka SE England to Pemrokeshire, which is beautiful, intending that we would stay here until we decided where to retire to. We bought a ruined cow shed/barn with 1.5 acres of land and converted it into our beautiful 4 bed house with fantastic views over the next 9 months. I do love the house but we knew we would leave it eventually.

We too considered Italy, but it is too expensive and there is too much red tape. I don’t like France so that was out, likewise Spain. Portugal, no. I think you know the scenario. We kept coming back to Cyprus for our holidays and in 1995 we started to look at properties with a holiday home in mind. Unfortunately (or fortunately as it now is), other demands were put on our finances and we put the project on hold.

I will explain about my job, as it was the single most important reason for resurrecting our plans. Firstly, I work from home via a VPN (Virtual Private Network) link to my Head Office and branches in the Channel Islands. I am Financial Director for a group of travel consultants. I worked for them before we moved to Wales as we knew I could work just as easily anywhere in the Country (or World for that matter). I also have my own business running an accountancy/computer consultancy. Cutting a very long story short, I ended up often working 7 days a week and 12 hour days. My health suffered and Guy finally said “enough is enough”. I am running things down now and folding up my own business, whilst continuing with the travel company. (They seem to think it will be a great idea for me to continue in Cyprus, but we will see – Guy would not be too happy). So, we came over to Cyprus again last May and continued our search.

We looked at many options, and we would have preferred a resale property but nothing we saw was suitable. Then we found the plot in Ineia and fell in love with it. We carried on looking at many other options but kept coming back to Ineia. By the time we left we had bought the plot and obtained the title deeds for it. We also found a builder to take on the project, which we are going to be monitoring closely. We finally approved the architect’s plans and the specification and put in our planning application at the end of last year.

I came back out to Cyprus with Sam & Mia in September, and that is when I met Verity. She lives at the top of the road where our plot is. I had got chatting to her on another forum and we had emailed etc. We arranged to meet and that was it. We hit it off straight away. She also introduced us to our nearest neighbours, who live between her house and our place. Can’t wait to get together with her again next month.

We originally intended to stay here in Wales until the house was finished (probably sometime in 2009 as we are still at planning stage). Guy’s mother (aged 91) had been very ill, spending 3 months in hospital at the end of 2006. She was living near us with carers going in twice a day. We had been worried about leaving her, although Guy’s twin brother also lives near. However, my health deteriorated last year and we decided to just go for it; put the house up for sale and rent in Cyprus until the house is ready. Guy’s mother was sad at the thought of us going but she encouraged us to get on with our lives and not be held back because of her. So we put the house on the market on 2nd January. We got quotes for shipping our stuff, our car and of course our dog. I have been de- cluttering like mad, relegating many ornaments to the charity jumble sale!!!

Things were ticking along nicely, and then Guy’s Mum had a fall about 4 weeks ago and broke her hip. So, back to hospital for an operation. We really didn’t think this was too serious, but she had a massive stroke after the surgery and died 2 days later. It was quite a shock, but in a way it makes things easier. Guy has said that he has nothing to feel guilty about now, so we can press ahead with our plans.

The house has produced some interest, which is a surprise with the current state of the housing market. But, as our agent has said, it is a unique property. We have had an offer but we have turned it down. However, the people are still interested but are looking at planning for a large conservatory and they won’t commit until they know they can do it. I am not holding my breath or worrying about it too much, as I know that this is a tourist area and come Easter the housing market takes off here until late September. However, the sooner we sell the better.

As most of you will know, Sam is moving over to Peyia on the 5th March and I am bringing Mia out on the 15th March, so I will be checking up on the planning progress if I haven’t heard anything by then.

Well, that’s the story so far. I am DETERMINED to start our new life this year, but what will be will be.

Hope you haven’t gone to sleep yet, but if not I will keep you all posted.

Post subject: living in cyprus
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:02 pm 
Forum Admin

I never fell asleep :D
I will wait for th next episode :wink:

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:54 pm 
Junior

Hi Tina
That is really interesting, puts my attempt to shame :oops:
Really interested in your account of buying land and building, as we have a plot as well and intend to build when we have sold the house here in the UK.
Keep up with the updates , look forward to the next installment
Marion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:03 pm 
Rock Star

Interesting reading Tina.
As we are almost neighbors perhaps we should meet up. Steph and I fly out on 19th March for 2 weeks. When are you and Guy there?
Regards
Brian & Steph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:20 pm 
Rock Star

Thanks for the kind responses - I will make the next installment much shorter I promise!!! Won't be so much to tell then anyway.

Marion, will keep updating regarding the build. Any help I can give you, feel free to ask. I know we have done it here in the UK but it is not quite the same thing. Still a lot of red tape here too though.

Brian & Steph - I am coming out on the 15th March for 2 weeks, but Guy is not going to be with me this trip. I am bringing Mia out to Sam and will be staying with her in Peyia. Would love to meet up with you both, as we are going to be near-neighbours.

Wishing all of us "movers" the best of luck, especially with the UK house sales!!!

ps. We have just had a call and we have another viewing tomorrow - fingers are crossed again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:59 pm 
Top of the pops

Good Luck Tina,
Now this is one subject where I don't think ladies talk too much :wink: so don't shorten the posts !
I'll watch your family's moves with interest. Aren't you lucky to have your family joining you ?
Best Wishes Major Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:28 pm 
Star

Tina

That made great reading - can't wait for the next installment. We won't be moving for another 3 years or so yet but reading these diaries make me feel as if I'm living your move every step of the way and that it's somehow making our move seem that much nearer :)

Julie x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:04 am 
Rock Star

Thanks Julie - I can;t wait for the next instalment either. I am hoping for it to be "sold the house, moving next month"!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:39 am 
Junior

You and the rest of us Tina !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:43 am 
Top of the pops

Hi Tina

Fantastic read and look forward to the next instalment.

frank :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:07 pm 
Rock Star

Well, we had another viewing yesterday and the people were over an hour late!!! All courtesy of the idiots who have decided to close our lane until 15th March!!!! This means a 20 minute trip into the village instead of a 3 minute one, and the directions on the Estate Agent's blurb are completely wrong!!!! I am not holding out too much hope that the viewing will produce anything positive, as they people who came only put their house up for sale yesterday. No a good omen even if they did like the house. Still, at least it was sunny so the views looked spectacular.

Another thing that we have to tie up before we leave is Guy's mum's place. We have put the flat up for sale (yes, another property to deal with), but we have the task of going through her treasured possessions and deciding what to do with them. This is a very sad task and not one we are enjoying very much. Still, it has to be done.

Oh well, better get back to the grindstone. Will keep you posted. As with Marion's diary, anyone want to buy a barn conversion in Pembrokeshire??????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:39 pm 
Junior

Hi Tina
I can sympathise with you on the house clearance. We have just had to do our Aunts, and I still have crates of things to get rid of. Its best if you dont think about it to much. Most of the things I am selling on Ebay are from her house. I think it helps with the grieving process as we would remember things about her as we sorted them. And we had many a laugh thinking about things we had all done together. So good luck I understand how difficult it will be.
best wishes
Marion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:13 pm 
Rock Star

Update on Mr & Mrs Thingie from yesterday - apparently they WERE going to put in an offer last night (but the figure mentioned would have been rejected anyway), but they have changed their minds this morning.

Jut as well since they haven't sold, and how many times would they have changed their minds along the way. Put that one down to another timewaster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:14 am 
Star

Tina

I really sympathise..we have had our house on the market for a year now as we want to downsize. We finally have someone who has offered the full asking price and even had a survey done but they haven't sold theirs so all a waste of time really. Naturally we are still looking for a buyer who is in a position to proceed but it is so frustrating and timewasters just infuriate me.
Anyway good luck I hope you get some positive news soon

Julie x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:18 am 
Top of the pops

Bank rate just been lowered so may have an effect.

frank :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:36 am 
Rock Star

Thanks Julie, and good luck with yours too. I think it is the estate agent's responsibility to make sure that potential buyers are in a position to proceed, but don't let me get started on that subject!!!

As already said, we have had some quotes for container plus car, both around the same price of £4800 plus tax. I have been contacted by someone who has suggested that the prices we have had are £2000-£2500 over the top. This person has asked me to contact him and he will offer a quote too. My problem is that I worry if something seems too cheap there must be a reason for it so I would be worried that the service would not be as good. I think I will get several more quotes anyway just to see what we are getting for our money.

Onwards and upwards, and keeping positive about selling the house. Certainly the bank rate being lowered might help with a kick-start to the market this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:18 am 
Top of the pops

Know what its like Tina, the moving etc. living in a house that's like a fishbowl with prospective buyers etc. but it will all be worth it in the end.

Do get a few quote and if you decide on a particular one ask on the Forum for feedback.

We used M&S shipping and found them excellent.

Molly :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:04 pm 
Top of the pops

Tina, if you are looking at a 40 ft container - which you must be if you are bringing your car - I think your original quotes are about right. We used Burke Brothers Worldwide Shippers in the end, but the quotes we had were all much of a muchness. Can't hurt to get the quote, though, and then make up your mind.

When you come over in March Imogen's will be open, so if you are in Kathikas any evening pop your head in - you might find us in there. Can't wait. Anyway, I hope you will be doing the sunset and wine thing one evening. :wink:

It was great to see the photo of your view in the Day2Day section. Do you remember when you posted it on the other site and I put ours up and said "Snap"? :lol:

I am glad to see moving diaries. It really helped me to write things down, and it answers questions for others, too.

Verity. 8)

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. Image

http://coecyp.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:34 pm 
Rock Star

I am feeling very down about everything today - don't know why exactly, just feeling down. Maybe it is the impatient side of me and I even had a few tears today (not like me). I know it is partly because Sam & Mia are going so soon, and I will miss them. But I don't think that is all of it. I am sick of my jobs and the constant demand to produce under a deadline. It is not as if it all stops at 5.30 either, the phone can ring at any time, day or night, including weekends. Last Saturday was a classic example, so we are going out for a long walk today as the weather is good. And I am not taking the mobile. I feel completely trapped by work at the moment and I know the only way out is to sell the house and go. We can't go without selling as all the capital is tied up in it, and I can't give up work until we go as it is an exensive house to run and Guy doesn't work at all.

I agree wholeheartedly about the goldfish bowl when selling a house - this is the one thing I hate about it. I love my house so I can't understand why other people won't, but its horses for courses.

I do remember well putting up the post of the view Verity and you posting "snap"! Seems like a long time ago now and things are progressing so slowly. We were not blinkered, and we knew it would be slow. I am looking forward to that sunset drink though, even if it turns out to be coffee!!!!

Sorry for the self-centred rant but it feels better to get it off my chest. I promise I will be more positive tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:31 pm 
Junior

dont forget tina
its always darkest just before dawn
keep your chin up
love marion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:45 pm 
Rock Star

Thanks Marion. Had a good day at the beach with the dog, Sam, Mia & one of Mia's friends so I have blown a few cobwebs away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:04 am 
Master

Hi Tina

try to keep your chin up as selling a house is the most stessful thing I know especially when your future depends upon it.

I also appreciate the nuisance of being on call 24 hours a day, which is what our nbusiness means. there is sometimes a need to be selfish, switch the mobile off and have some "me" time. Well done.

Hope to meet up with you sometime soon, when tomorrow is a better day.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:28 am 
Top of the pops

Hi Tina

Glad to see you enjoyed your day in the end. Its a very emotional time moving, so its understandable that you are going to have your down days.

Just try to keep thinking positive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:02 pm 
Rock Star

Thanks Guys, I am feeling much better today. It's another fine day here so we are going out again if we can.

Molly, I am going to use your link in Brian & Steph's diary to read yours for inspiration. These diaries are really good reading, and I think serve a very useful purpose for any of us who are moving, or thinking of moving. We can give each other encouragement when needed as well as useful advice along the way.

I am sure that there are more than 3 of us going through this process, so lets hope we get some more posters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:24 pm 
Rock Star

In case anyone wants to guy our house, I am putting up the link too!!!
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails- ... 1&tr_t=buy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:35 pm 
Top of the pops

Happy reading Tina, I hope you dont get too bored.

I was the first one (I think) to start a moving diary on that Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:43 pm 
Rock Star

Hi Molly,

I have just read your diary - not boring at all. In fact I printed out and read it over a cup of coffee!!!!

It will be a great help and it is good to know that a lot of the emotions I am feeling now were yours too. At least I know these feelings are normal now and I m sure everyone will be on the same rollercoaster of emotions. It is also good to see some VERY familiar names posting on yours. (Note to Verity and Frank!!!!)

It will help a lot. There are obviously things I can start to do in preparation (eg your lists) so I can have something constructive to occupy me, even though we haven't sold the house yet. I will FEEL that I am doing something, not merely hanging around in some sort of limbo waiting for that buyer to come through the door.

I hope others will read your diary as I am sure it will help. The outcome was obviously good as you are still there!!! Perhaps we could have a thread in this forum with links to other people's moving diaries?????

Anyway, thanks Molly for posting the link. I hope I too can soon look back at mine when we finally arrive, and that it will be in some small way some help or inspiration to others who will surely follow us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:43 pm 
Top of the pops

Hi Tina

I would recommend that you should read all the diaries as they give a great account of the good folks feelings and more.Fantastic section.Molly and verity and jean and many more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:04 pm 
Rock Star

Hi Frank,

I intend to do just that. Jean has pointed me to the link where I can pick them all up so I am looking forward to some inspirational reading!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:35 pm 
Graduate

What a beautiful house Tina! I can see why you love it so much!

Hope you get your sale soon :D

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:02 pm 
Rock Star

Thanks Lolly.

If you weren't already moving I would ask you if you liked it enough to buy it!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:13 pm 
Rock Star

Wel, I have surely got a lot of bedtime reading now. I have gone to the link for the moving diaries (Verity, Jean, Molly and many more).

I would suggest, as Frank says, that we all read them. They will set many a mind at rest and give a lot of useful information.

Will report back when I have read them all!!!!!

Check them out at:
https://www.bfctradingpost.com/clboard/ ... .php?id=48

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:21 pm 
Top of the pops

Nice one tina

A glass of wine while reading :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:49 pm 
Rock Star

Had that with lunch Frank!!!! Going to make a cup of tea now.

By the way, where in Kent???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:43 pm 
Top of the pops

Hi Tina

I'm glad you enjoyed my diary, I like to think I started a good trend there for everyone planning or thinking about moving to Cyprus.

I was known as the list queen, lists for everything and what a satifaction when they were ticked off.

Your house looks beautiful, I'm sure it will seel real soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:38 am 
Rock Star

Well, what can I say. Molly, Jean & Verity - I have sat down with printed copies (yes printed - that's dedication for you) and read your diaries at great length. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed them. I have laughed and cried along with you. I would recommend that anyone contemplating this great adventure sits down and reads them. They are full of really useful information, as well as the emotions that we will all experience.

Jean, I did laugh at the "var" saga. Shocking at the time I am sure, but I hope you can see the funny side now. I must remember to check out back seats :lol: Also, it was interesting to read about your brother's reaction to your move. I have a sister who is reacting in the same way, although it is OK for her to spend 6 months of the year in Spain. It is also very useful to me to read the differing views on the retirement/still working dilemma. But mostly, I admire your courage in embarking on this on your own so to speak. Also very helpful to me is the question of medical records. Sam experienced the same when she asked our GP for her records and was told it was illegal for them to release them. I knew it wasn't, but thanks to your diary I now know where to find the information to quote back to them!!!

Molly, your lists are extremely helpful, and more importantly the information on procedures for AFTER you arrive in Cyprus. I will summarise some of things we all have to remember to do later; not exhaustively but to give those here now an idea of what we all need to plan for. Again, a very brave move when you had such worries about Isla at the same time.

And Verity - 20 pages!!!! and I have read every one of them. Your sentiments on the rollercoaster of selling your house strike a particular chord and it is good to know that there is nothing unusual about the way I am feeling, nor any of us. The "3 more sleeps" quote had me chuckling too, as this is something Mia always says "how many more sleeps til Christmas?" etc.

The amount of encouragement you received through your diaries was incredible. If Marion, Brian, Steph and I receive half as much we will be blessed. FRANK - your encouragement stands out, and you are still doing it, so a special big thank you and don't stop please!!!! I know you all kept in touch with each other, but did you keep in touch with your other main supporters (Shell, Anne, Mike, Vera, Sue, Helen, Cris - to name but a few)? I hope we can find staunch supporters too.

I am now going to summarise some of the points to note from your diaries - I hope you don't mind.

Photocopies (I gather at least 6) -
Passport
Birth Certificates
Marriage Certificates
Payslips
Proof of Income
Shipping inventory (not 6!!!)
Insurance for shipping
Health Insurance
Bank statements
Utility bills
Proof of house sale in the UK
House contract (Cyprus)
All tax papers

If bringing you car:
Log book
Driving license
Proof of car purchase
Insurance for UK

Also get a letter from your UK insurance company stating proof of no claims.

Other things to remember:
Mail redirection
DVLA - car tax
DVLA - log book section for removing car from UK permamently
Inform Revenue & Customs (form P85)
Council tax
TV license
Pension people
Utilities
Car insurance
Banks (remember direct debits)
Medical records
Many passport size photographs
Pet passport and relevant paperwork
EHIC (replaced E111)

As I said, this is not an exhaustive list. We will all have to read/re-read the diaries to find out more, especially the procedures after arrival.

My next plan is to go back and start reading all the other diaries on the site, or which there are quite a few!!!!!!

As far as my own plans are concerned, I am wrangling with the idea of moving even if we haven't sold the house. I can keep my current work provided I can find somethere to rent where we can easily get broadband installed, or even better somewhere that already has it. The income would be more than enough for Cyprus without touching the house fund. However, this would be a risk. If the house did not sell within say a year we might have to consider getting a mortgage on the new house to complete the build. We have got enough savings to cover probably the first 3 (possibly 4) stage payments but we would need the sale proceeds from this house to finish it off. Mind you, given the time it is taking to get planning permission it is looking unlikely that we would be at that point within a year anyway!!!!!! But, that is the risk and that is what is holding me back, being the cautious accountant :cry: It would be nice though to be able to give the keys to the estate agent and say "get on with it and just send us the money"!!!!!!!! But I am also not sure if the house would sell easier if it was occupied. So, a dilemma indeed.

Sorry if I am rambling again now so I will get off. I have been up since 5.45 today and needed to get this all off my chest (again, you may say).

So, to repeat myself (sign of old age creeping in I guess), I hope we who are at this point now get as much encouragement as Molly, Jean and Verity did and please go and read their diaries. You will feel much better about things and learn A LOT. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:43 am 
Top of the pops

It seems such a long time ago Tina, but is still very clear in my head, the ups and downs.

My lists became famous, I had emails and pm's from people asking me to send them copies........... :lol: :lol:

Lots of encouragement and support helps you to get through it all and especially knowing you are not on your own when you go through roller coaster of emotions.

Molly x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:37 pm 
Top of the pops

Hi Tina

Yes, siblings are strange creatures aren't they :? My brother seems to forget I put my life on hold for my mum. I was looking to buy my own house when my dad died very suddenly, so I stayed another 6 years with my mum, until I felt I could leave. I was 35!!! He had the nerve to call ME selfish!!

Still, all in the past - I'm just waiting to see if I get a birthday card off him.

As Molly says, lists are the most important thing - you cross something off, but you add something on - the best bit is when everything's crossed off, and nothing added.

We are all with you - for a lot of us, we've already done it, so if we can help or advise, we will do. For the ones who haven't done it yet - come on guys, get yourselves over here!

Jean 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:49 pm 
Rock Star

Thanks Molly & Jean,

Just wanted to let you know that your support, help and encouragement are really greatly appreciated. Looking foeard to joining you :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:45 pm 
Junior

Wow Tina Thanks for the lists it somehow helps if you can see it all written down.
Must read the other diaries they sound so interesting

Tina would you mind if I pm'ed you and asked about your new build?

Perhaps we should start a book on who will sell there house first and send the proceeds to a cy charity? (thats the bets not the house sale proceeds!!!)
Marion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:15 pm 
Rock Star

Hi Marion,

Feel free. If I can help in any way at all I will. We all need to support each other here, after all.

The diaries are inspirational, well worth a read. As to bets on who sells first, I would be afraid to put a bet on in case it jinxed our chances!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:57 pm 
Top of the pops

Good idea to list the docs you will need. That's helpful. Thanks,
Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:17 am 
Rock Star

We had a call from our estate agent yesterday, and to my surprise the people who came to see our house twice are coming again on Sunday. This is the couple who have contacted planning about putting a conservatory on the house. They still haven't heard from them yet but are obviously still interested, even though we turned down their offer. They are driving up from Berkshire, which is about a 4 hour journey and this is their fourth visit - three times to the house plus one to have a good look at the area. Who knows, they may turn out to be "the ones" after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:27 pm 
Rock Star

Oh I do hope so, but I am not getting excited yet. I know only too well how many things can go wrong, even if they make a realistic offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:19 pm 
Top of the pops

Keeping our fingers crossed tina and please keep us updated.

Frank :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:54 pm 
Star

Tina
I'm keeping everythinbg crossed for you

Julie x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:43 am 
Rock Star

Twosox wrote:
our trip to Cyprus for a holiday which was booked for 3 weeks later became a one-way trip....I won't even go into the nightmare we had trying to down-size everything & arrange shipping in 3 weeks :shock: so try and get rid of everything now :!: :wink:

So you are right, you never quite know what to expect :lol:

OMG!! 3 weeks!!! It would take me 3 weeks to dismantle my office here, which is full of equipment including 3 computers and huge desks! I have a trip booked in 1 month's time so I hope it isn't an omen. :wink: But, I guess I would do it if I had to. After all, it would be in a good cause :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:34 pm 
Rock Star

Well, another day rushing around trying to make the house look like a showhome AGAIN, hiding things in cupboards AGAIN, making my office looking less like a disaster zone AGAIN, keeping the dog out of the way AGAIN and having a nervous breakdown AGAIN!!!! This is one of my main reasons for selling the house as soon as possible so that we can go back to being slobs until we move out!!! If we never have to have another viewing I will be happy indeed :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:08 pm 
Top of the pops

Lets hope this is the one. :lol:

Treat others as you want to be treated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:36 pm 
Junior

Hi Tina
Have eveything crossed for you good luck
Marion

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body