Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 2:55 am

UK TV Cyprus

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quad bike Theft
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:58 am 
Rock Star

I was in the village shop yesterday and was listening to a farmer telling the owner about another farm machinery theft from his locked barn, I got into conversation with him, he went on to say that the farming industry are going through a run of expensive thefts of machinery and other items especially quad bikes.

He says the police are telling farmers to make their bikes more secure, they are being stolen and sold abroad to quad bike companies used for tourists, well not saying anything, but look at the amount of bikes in and around Coral Bay, makes you wonder where they get them from, they are very expensive and stolen ones are cheaper than new ones.

Just a thought, when you see them annoying the traffic where did they come from.

Post subject: Re: Quad bike Theft
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:16 am 
Top of the pops

Dear me...what a dreadful, unfounded accusation to throw at the quad bike companies here in Coral Bay and Paphos!

To put the idea and thought out that they are or could be handling stolen quad bikes is absolutely wrong to be posted anywhere

Who knows where the stolen farmers machines go to.... Europe is a very big place! There are a lot of other holiday places other than Coral Bay and Cyprus!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:18 pm 
Top of the pops

Each quadracycle have own serial number, each engine in it have other serial number;
it wouldn't be hard task to policeman go there and check S/Ns

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:48 pm 
Rock Star

I have no knowledge of any of the quad bike rental businesses, but I have often wondered how the new ones that set themselves up, seemingly overnight, manage to have a good stock of bikes, many of which look heavily used. There must be some kind of second-hand market, either here or overseas.

On a separate note, if you are going to steal bikes, you will probably make more money if you can offload them locally, rather than the expense of sending them abroad, although you have the issue of VINS and registrations.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:43 pm 
Rock Star

migmogs, Why is it you always attack my post's ??? when clearly you have not read what I have said, you have just attacked the pos.

I never claimed that companies in Cyprus are buying stolen vehicles only reiterating what the police have said, also they have proof of where they go but are struggling to keep a lid on it, GOOGLE IT and find out.

Yes Europe is a big place and I tell you now Cyprus does have corruption, theft and yes it does have a mafia type element, they will rob steal and cheat (read the local papers), not every Cypriot is honest the big house in Nicosia is testament to that.

There are many recorded incidents of vehicles being stolen and shipped abroad in containers GOOGLE IT, also there are many ways to remove and replace VIN numbers on vehicles, there many ways to create import documents legalising stolen vehicles.

Goodness sake wake up and smell the roses we are living in a crooked world, these people are masters at this there are millions being made.

GOOGLE international vehicle theft and you will be surprised at what you will discover, then Google international farm machinery theft again you will be shocked.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:45 pm 
Graduate

This would appear to be a UK story that the OP has tried to link to Cyprus with some scurrilous unfounded accusations. Should be in the UK section.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:11 pm 
Top of the pops

Coincidentally, I was reading an article in a flying magazine yesterday about theft of engines from aircraft. I'll type out the article:

Rotax thefts continue

In just one night in early June six Rotax 912 engines were stolen from microlights at Clench Common (an airfield), along with a large amount of tools. The theft of Rotax engines has become an all-too-common occurrence, with around 45 stolen across the UK in 2016-7. With known serial numbers and without their logbook, the engines could not be sold legitimately in the UK and it is thought they are shipped out for sale elsewhere in Europe.

My note: these engines will likely cost in excess of £10,000 each.

In the same issue I read that avionics had been stolen from an aircraft specially apapted for a charity which enables disabled people to learn to fly. Thankfully, when they heard of the theft, Garmin stepped in and donated replacement avionics free of charge. Kudos to them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:06 pm 
Rock Star

In response to Hermes and migmogs, this is not a scurrilous story and no it does not just belong in the UK section it is also a Cyprus problem.

Now for those who just want to have a go at me and do not know how to use Google or even bother to read the Cyprus mail, I have done it for them, this was in the Cyprus mail and I have extracted for you.

A quad bike worth around €4,000 was reported stolen on Friday by a motorcycle rental store owner in Paphos, police said.

"According to the police, the owner of the store told police that the quad bike was stolen sometime between 12am and 7pm on Friday.
The quad bike is green and the licence plate is MAE480, According to the owner, the bike was parked in a public parking area in Yeroskipou, a Police spokesman this is just one of many that have been stolen recently, in addition he said they are looking into the illegally purchased Quad bikes in Ayia Napa but no specifics were given".

Now where do you think those came from, certainly not Jumbos.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:20 pm 
Forum Admin

Test , seems fine ?

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:56 am 
Forum Admin

try now ?

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:56 pm 
Graduate

lowvoltage wrote:
In response to Hermes and migmogs, this is not a scurrilous story and no it does not just belong in the UK section it is also a Cyprus problem.

Now for those who just want to have a go at me and do not know how to use Google or even bother to read the Cyprus mail, I have done it for them, this was in the Cyprus mail and I have extracted for you.

A quad bike worth around €4,000 was reported stolen on Friday by a motorcycle rental store owner in Paphos, police said.

"According to the police, the owner of the store told police that the quad bike was stolen sometime between 12am and 7pm on Friday.
The quad bike is green and the licence plate is MAE480, According to the owner, the bike was parked in a public parking area in Yeroskipou, a Police spokesman this is just one of many that have been stolen recently, in addition he said they are looking into the illegally purchased Quad bikes in Ayia Napa but no specifics were given".

Your original thread was a story about Quadbike theft in Cumbria which you tried to link to Cyprus with unsubstantiated innuendo. That is a UK story.
You then quote a story about Quadbike theft in Cyprus which, apart from theft has no link whatsoever with the UK story. I do read Cyprus Newspapers so I do not require you to Google them to get my information, Thank you.
I could no doubt Google and Outer Mongolian paper and get details of Quadbike theft there but there again it would be irrelevant to theft in the UK. This is a UK story and nothing else, and it seems others agree.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:40 pm 
Top of the pops

Hermes wrote:
lowvoltage wrote:

Your original thread was a story about Quadbike theft in Cumbria which you tried to link to Cyprus with unsubstantiated innuendo. That is a UK story.
You then quote a story about Quadbike theft in Cyprus which, apart from theft has no link whatsoever with the UK story. I do read Cyprus Newspapers so I do not require you to Google them to get my information, Thank you.
I could no doubt Google and Outer Mongolian paper and get details of Quadbike theft there but there again it would be irrelevant to theft in the UK. This is a UK story and nothing else, and it seems others agree.

:clap :clap :clap
Well said Hermès

Lowvoltage.....I am sorry to read that you think that I am always picking negatives in your posts. As I don,t, I normally like and find most of your posts interesting.
I just did not agree with you on this post

Have a wonderful day :grin:

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body