Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: We are desparate
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:06 pm 
Graduate

Is there anything we can do about our neighbours barking dogs???
I am recently out of hospital after a hip replacement, and need to rest/sleep, my partner who is 83 also needs the same. Our neighbour across the road from us, takes out (by the scruff of their necks) 3 hunting dogs, down the staircase from their home into the back of his truck. The same procedure is repeated another few hours later. The noise is horrendous. I have tried talking to the Mukhtar - no response - to the police, who think it is a great joke. Is there anything we can do? Moving house again is not a viable proposition due to our health and of course cost, there must be something in EU law that applies to this anti social behaviour??????? Help please

Post subject: Re: We are desparate
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:05 pm 
Top of the pops

Poor you.Only thing I can think of is to find a pet shop or maybe a vet who sells the dog whistles and buy a couple.Here in the uk they are about £4 each and apparently they work.Every time the dogs start barking blow the whistles until they stop.After a few days they may get the message!
Only other thing unfortunately is to move but there is no guarantee that the next place wont have them.Since we returned (begrudgingly) to the UK I must say that one of the many benefits is the abscence of non stop barking dogs 24/7.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:09 pm 
Top of the pops

I'm in the same position Hun, there is a new dog in our neighbourhood which doesn't shut up it goes on all day and most of the night often setting the other dogs that are out in cages round here off. My contract ends soon and I am really considering a move but I do like my villa and wish there was something else that could be done. I know its the owners fault and not the dogs but I am getting really fed up with it now!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:46 pm 
Rock Star

Have you spoken to the owner of the dogs?

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:52 pm 
Junior

Dear Madam,

The only thing you can do is to lodge a complain with the police and they can start a criminal case against the owner.

You can also complain to the Muktar and also the District Officer, to check if the owner has a license for the dogs.

I understand that this is a big problem if you have it, and I am very sorry to say that there is not much that you can do.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body