Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:57 pm 
Idol

Hi,

Is here any law in Cyprus which states how far the large Green Waste bins should be from accommodation?

A family in the apartment block I live in have decided (apparently with Pafilia's blessing!) to move the waste bin from the roadside to the end of the drive almost immediately below my apartment. The result of which is obviously the smell, and also because it's no longer at the roadside, it has not been emptied.

Do I have any legal standing? Tried to ask the 'lady' of the family to move it somewhere else which didn't go down too well!!!

Thanks in advance

Lorraine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:23 pm 
Top of the pops

There is always one isn't there? I would move it back to the roadside where it will be emptied and no longer spoil your enjoyment of your own property.Tell Pafillia that you will withold your community charge payment until the bin is moved back to it's original position.Hit em where it hurts!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:43 pm 
Idol

Hi Beverley,

Unfortunately, tried moving it back to the roadside (twice!) and it's ended up back below my apartment, the 'lady' in question assured me it would be kept closed "we'll put a sign or something on it". Having returned from seeing friends, needless to say it is again open - have taken a photo.

Don't think Pafilia will be too concerned if I with hold payment of communal charge - they will just charge me interest on it!!!

Had enough of bad neighbours in the UK, thought I'd got away from it here but obviously not! The rest of the Brits in the block have their own little 'clique' and obviously as I'm not part of it and live on my own, I'm the easy option.

Sorry to sound pathetic but that's just how I feel at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:58 pm 
Rock Star

Leave it under your window and the binmen won't collect it. After a couple of weeks without a bin, the penny may drop.

Every communal development has a t**t, your development is not an exception.

Alan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:50 pm 
Top of the pops

Happy.I never had a bad neighbour until I moved to Cyprus and needless to say it was a brit! Loud,drunk,thoughtless,noisy,inconsiderate and made the place look like a council tip.Visitors night and day,car door banging,lights left on shining through my bedroom window and foul language and that was just the parents,once the teenagers arrived it was hell on earth.
It ruined our dream and in the end we went back to the UK and they are still enjoying theirs at the expense of everyone else.I feel for you and hope you can get this issue resolved.I know what you mean about cliques amongst the "ex pats" luckily we made friends outside of these which made life more bearable.
With hindsight(a wonderful thing) we would have come over and rented and looked around before buying anything.I wish I had found forums before committing our all to Cyprus as I would have maybe made different choices.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:37 pm 
Top of the pops

hi honey. Marios at the health department (above the old fish market) is a really lovley chap and this sounds like his sort of issue. If you'd like me to come with you I will. Also go to the cop shop and complain. It's a health hazard.

Lesley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:46 am 
Top of the pops

lesley at The Prince wrote:
Marios at the health department (above the old fish market) is a really lovley chap and this sounds like his sort of issue. If you'd like me to come with you I will. Also go to the cop shop and complain. It's a health hazard.

Well done Lesley :clap :clap :clap you now about stuf like this ..... Lorraine get Lesley to go she good at dealing with "departments" had enough practise with running a business

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:26 am 
Idol

Lesley, it would be great if you could come with me.

What times are they open? Yet again the bin hasn't been emptied because no-one bothered to move it to the roadside last night.

Lorraine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:41 am 
Top of the pops

Hope you can both get it sorted nothing worse in this weather as inconsiderate & sh***Y people caring only about themselves..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:44 pm 
Junior

Dear Lorraine,

I have tried to find out about this, but the person at the Municipality who I must speak to is not in today and will be back tomorrow. Please PM me your contact details so I can call you to find out where the property is, as they will ask me.

Kind Regards

Sofia Kalogirou

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body