Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:12 pm

Watch Live Sport-channels Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:28 am 
How is this Stoke's fault :? It was the Mackems player who wanted more time, so why should Stoke have to wait :?

Didn't he just give the Spurts players an ultimatum earlier in the week, either sign within 24hrs or the deals off, what the difference between this & that, what a fubar arm-pit :evil: :evil:

I didn't like Sunderland much before but now they have Keano as there manager, I dislike them even more :evil: :evil:

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/07/31/Prem-Keane-on-FulopStoke/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:08 pm 
Top of the pops

Pete, it's football, calm down. As for disliking the Mackems, there's 50,000 Mackems couldn't give a hoot what you think. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think Fulop asked for time and then got dumped. I believe that Keane let's his targets know that he wants an answer by say, next Tuesday or he moves on.
If it was because Fulop asked for money then I agree with you what's the fuss about ? I think it is the former.
Either way we've still got a keeper who I rate very highly.
Gary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:35 am 
Only 50,000 :roll: damn I must try harder or is that all you've got fan wise :? :lol:

As for Fulop, he agreed personal terms with Stoke & then decided he wanted more time, so they went looking elsewhere & got someone for FREE, that's what annoyed Keane, because he lost money on the deal :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:28 am 
Rock Star

Pete wrote:
As for Fulop, he agreed personal terms with Stoke & then decided he wanted more time,

Well, if this is true (?) then Mr Keane is out of order!

Stoke have been after Fulop for months, even had him on loan for three days!

The fee was agreed a week ago after about a month of haggling, then if he's agreed personal terms, why does he need even more time to 'think about it'?

Maybe Keane's just trying to be like his mentor (Fergie) and be controversial just for the sake of it.

Rant over :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:14 am 
Junior

Barton Needs more time for free :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:06 pm 
So does this latest revelation mean that rent-a-gob Keano with make a officail apologise to Stoke then :roll: I don't think so :shock:
http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/football/Stoke-City-said-Stoke-8211-Fulop/article-249699-detail/article.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:00 pm 
Top of the pops

The facts of this situation are not known to us. I can only assume that Keane knows something we don't. It appears as if Stoke got wind of Sorensen's availability and favoured him. They are entitled to do that but there must be something more to it than that to have annoyed Roy.
To the best of my knowledge Roy is not a rent a gob. Perhaps you would like to expand or explain that claim, Pete.
As for Stoke's goalies let me say they would have been much better off with Martin Fulop who is an excellent keeper.
Tommy Sorenesen has seen better days me thinks.
Gary

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body