Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:20 pm

Watch Live Sport-channels Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: £420m for the TOON!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:11 am 
Remember this is a report from the Sun crap-loid, so take it with a pinch of salt :roll:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1379422.ece

Maybe the price tag is to scare off potential bidder :? :?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:39 pm 
Top of the pops

Ahem, I would like £400,000 for my house but I won't get it.
He's talking up the club, if it's true, cos it was only recently the same newspaper was saying he'd sell for £200m.
Gary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:43 pm 
Hi Gary,

From what I've seen in the craploids lately, I get the feeling he's put that price on it so that portential buyers think twice about bidding, sort of a scare tatics but the craploids still drag these stories up & the longer he owns SJP, the higher the price will go, even if its only to scare buyers away :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:22 pm 
Top of the pops

I read today that the " potential buyers" in this case were actually approached by a third party and the "buyers" were simply not interested.
Then we read Bin Ladens family are interested in taking over. Perhaps they could recruit Dennis Wise as a suicide bomber.
Gary :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:30 pm 
:smilielol Which crap-loid are you reading Gary :smilielol

It's not 'NUTS' is it :smilielol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:20 pm 
Top of the pops

It's on the back page of The Mail on Sunday and it is a serious article !
I think the value mentioned is £300m.
In another paper I read that Blackburn are subject of being taken over and are only valued at £50m, I thought it was a mis print.
Gary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:17 pm 
I read somewhere, something is only worth whqat someone will pay for it :shock:

That Yank place wanted the TOON for £300m but Ashley wanted £420m as he knows no one will pay that much for it, just to put them off, knowing full well they would say no, especially when the Spurts were apparently valued at £400m a month or so ago :D :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:04 am 
Top of the pops

Pete,
Once again I think you are wrong. The Yanks as you call them claim they were approached via a third party but were not interested at the price.
Now I posted this before but maybe I need to spell it out..... The inference is that the third party represented Ashley.
By the way Ashley has just lost £200m in shares in the last week after a snap investment in a bank went belly up. I know he's seriously rich but that's a lot of money.
The Bin Laden thing is serious.they are seriously rich and distance themselves from Osama who is entitled to £53m but it has been freezed as they are against terrorism.
So put away your Bomber jacket and don't worry about them bringing back Allah Sheerah.
Glad to be a Mackem Gary :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:01 am 
As I said Gary, someone will only pay what they think something is worth, not what someone else values it at, that was my point :D So if Ashley wants 420m, the Yanks didn't think its worth that much & maybe that's why Ashley asked for so much, so that they would pull out :o
You say it was a 3rd party representative asking the Yanks but SJP say that never happened, so could it be the same 3rd party representative who spoke to Sven when he was England manager, pretending to be a Sheiks representative & turned out to be a journo instead, just to get a story :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:05 am 
Top of the pops

Spurs were recently valued at £400m, now that is believable, but Newcastle ? £420m is a ludicrous figure and it's not the only one at Sid James Park, think Fat shirt wearing Chairman sitting with the common people, posing as a true fan.
Will he do that next season ? I think not, the common people must be able to see right through him. He wants out.
Gary, Happy to be a Mackem ! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:28 am 
Web-Site Admin

These rumours have been categorically denied several times now, but the stirring continues - if I was looking for a culprit, I wouldn't be searching too far beyond a certain fat ex-Chairman.....

Had to chuckle at this received from a Leeds-supporting mate yesterday, about the link with the Bin Laden family:

Quote:
They're just looking to gain access to one of the safest hiding places in the world - the Newcastle trophy cabinet...

:huff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:40 am 
discopants wrote:
Spurs were recently valued at £400m, now that is believable, but Newcastle ? £420m is a ludicrous figure and it's not the only one at Sid James Park, think Fat shirt wearing Chairman sitting with the common people, posing as a true fan.
Gary, Happy to be a Mackem ! :wink:

Yeah it's about as ludicrous as the Mackem being worth more than £10m, which is what Quinn & Co brought it for :lol: :lol: But I remember somewhere you arguing the point on that one too Gary :shock: :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:03 pm 
Top of the pops

Pete, sometimes you confuse me and come across as being as dense as the fog on the tyne. :lol:
The argument is that your club is not worth £420m.
The fact that our ex chairman was gracious enough to let Saint Niall have the club for a bargain £10m has bot all to do with it.
Here we have a new Mackem chairman buying a club at well below it's proper value because he was allowed to by the ex chairman who loves the club, still does and wanted it to go into the right hands.
That scenario bears no resemblance at all to the deal which took place between Fat Freddy Shepherd and Mike Cashley.
By the way I read at the weekend that FFS is buying Real Mallorca for £40m and Fat Sam will be his manager.
Gary 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:41 pm 
Gary mate, it's not me that's confusing, its you that's confused :lol:

I've never said the club is worth £420m, I've said maybe thats the price Ashley put on it to stop other buyers bidding for it :roll:
Right, a little scenario now for you, say if the TOON wanted to buy Kenwyn Jones from you (not in a month of sundays btw) but say we did, we offer you £5m, you don't want to sell him ever so put a value of £15m on him to scare us off bidding, well this is what imo I think Ashley is doing with the TOON ok :D

Now as for your ex-chairman selling for £10m because he wanted to see the club in good hands, now you seriously need to wake up & smell the coffee beans mate, didn't he value it at £40m but no one would pay that, so he finally settled for £10m instead :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:45 pm 
Top of the pops

Looker, we've been here before. Let's just agree to disagree.
Gary.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:53 pm 
But do you understand what I'm trying to say now, I agree with you, I don't think the TOON is worth £420m either but its the only way to stop people trying to buy it, is to over price it :lol: :lol:

Or are you on about the Mackems :? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:13 pm 
Top of the pops

Yes but Our old chairman really did do our new chairman a great favour cos of his love of the club.
Of course Cashley wants to sell, everyone can see that, except you.
I feel it in my water, trouble ahead for you this season.
Gary :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:50 pm 
I'm sure your old chairman did mate but I don't believe that either :lol:

As for Cashley as you call him, unlike your Sir Nail, he has enough disposable funds to play with & probably earns more from interest payments on his fortune to blow the £200m you mentioned earlier :wink: :lol:

Anyway, back on topic, why would he sell now when the club will be worth a lot more in 12 months after all the restructuring they've done & we're playing in Europe :wink: :lol: :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:21 pm 
Here you go guys, an answer from the man himself:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3801897,00.html

He say's he not looking to seel the TOON but would be interested in some local investors :D

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body