Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:38 pm

Watch Live Sport-channels Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Well done Hammers!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:18 pm 
Junior

Yet again barely half a team due to crippling injuries, yet we swept the opposition aside with some neat flowing and attacking football. (No excuses please from Newcastle fans.)

Roll on the day we have a fully fit squad..

Post subject: Re: Well done Hammers!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:29 pm 
No need to write excuses mate unless you've not seen the news lately :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:54 pm 
Junior

Pete wrote:
No need to write excuses mate unless you've not seen the news lately :roll: :roll:

Oh how very predictable..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:23 pm 
Regular

Bet the hammers fans are shouting now ofter today's news.

It seems they are facing a £30m compensation payment to Sheffield United following their decision to play Teves and Masherano when their didn't actually own them 2 season ago.

With £30m in their back pocket The Blades could buy most of the Newcastle squad, or they could find equally useless ways to waste their money.

Looking back with hindsight the Hammers deal with Joorchobian (sp) seems to have blown up in their faces.

John

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:10 pm 
Willis wrote:
Pete wrote:

Oh how very predictable..

How is that response predictable :? :?

After all I could have said our club is in disaray, we have no manager, we're being run by the cockney mafia who don't attend any matches because they're crappin themselves & have no idea how to run a club, our players have been told they're all expendable & on the transfer list so have no interest in playing for the club &the fans have at least stood up for the manager instead of the money men unlike some clubs not to far away :roll:

Now that would be predictable :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:01 pm 
Top of the pops

I thought the Cockney mafia did attend West Ham.
I believe Ashley and Wise were there and Chris Hughton defo was.
Gary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:26 pm 
Thats only because they were in amongst their own & didn't have to travel far :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:03 am 
Web-Site Admin

Aye well done Hammers - cracking result against Watford!

Should make it a bit easier to figure out which players to sell in order to pay the compo to Sheff Utd. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:26 pm 
Junior

When will that lot at Sheff Utd realise that it was their performances over the course of the season that lead to them being where they are now ?

This will drag on and on and I do not think they will get anywhere near the money they are after.

Nothing will change the fact that the Hammers remained where they belong in the Premiership while that lot continue to dwindle in the CCC.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:07 pm 
Willis wrote:
When will that lot at Sheff Utd realise that it was their performances over the course of the season that lead to them being where they are now ?

Funny you say that Willis, because it was the Wet Spams performance over the course of the season that had them in the bottom 3 for most of it & if they hadn't had Tevez, they wouldn't have beaten Manc USA on the last day of the season to keep you in the EPL :roll:

So I think given them £30m for the priviledge of being in the EPL is the least the Wet Spams could do :wink: :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:11 pm 
Top of the pops

Deffo with pete on this ... Tevez was the difference to the bubble lovers staying in the EPL !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:21 pm 
Junior

Tevez was the difference ? What rubbish

We beat Man U twice that season. Tevez did not play in the victory against them earlier in the season.

The stats show that over the season we were much more successful without Tevez.

Tevez played in the 3-0 loss to Sheff Utd towards the end of the season.

The team then went on a tremendous run with Robert Green in outstanding form, Zamora knocking in some crucial goals including the winner at the Emirates and so on..

How can anybody say how those results would have gone without Tevez. I'm sure we would have still got a result at Old Trafford on the last day plus others.

The situation is laugable and we are not for one second worried about how this will transpire..

The Arsenal kids done very well last night I see..

Enjoy the dross that is Newc v Spurs tonight..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:15 pm 
Web-Site Admin

Willis wrote:
Tevez was the difference ? What rubbish
The stats show that over the season we were much more successful without Tevez.

I bet you they dont:

Quote:
So did Tevez make a difference?

- Key games

It is clearly a subjective question, but the key period was the final 10 matches of the season, when Tevez scored seven times. Until then, he had not scored for West Ham. His goals could be argued to have changed the results in the 2-1 win against Blackburn, the 3-1 victory against Bolton and the 1-0 win against Manchester United.

- Stats and analysis

Tevez scored 44 per cent of West Ham’s goals in the final five games of the season and was directly involved in 55 per cent of them.

During this period, Tevez attempted 30.4 per cent of their shots and created 16.3 per cent of their goalscoring chances.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/westham/3072968/West-Ham-v-Sheffield-United-A-definitive-guide-to-Carlos-Tevez-affair---Football.html

He played in all the last 9 games of the season, which was where you picked up more than half your season's points tally (21 from 9 games, compared to 20 from the previous 29 matches)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:06 pm 
Junior

Tevez really had nothing great to do with it.

Four of West Ham’s seven wins at the end of the 2006-07 season were by a
one-goal margin. Of those, Bobby Zamora scored the winning goal in three,
while Tevez grabbed the decider in just one, the 1-0 win at Old Trafford.

The Daily Telegraph’s football correspondent Henry Winter was asked by the
tribunal to discuss Tevez’s impact and he made the point that West Ham
wouldn’t have scored in that game were it not for Tevez. However, if the
game finished goalless, West Ham would still have finished 16th.

Sheff Utd played West Ham during West Ham’s run of seven wins from
nine games and despite Carlos Tevez playing every second of the game, Sheff Utd
still won the match 3-0. Should West Ham be given these three points
back ?

With nine games remaining in the season, Sheff Utd led West Ham by
eleven points, despite the fact Carlos Tevez was at the club for 26 of the
29 games played, over which period Sheff Utd picked up 14 more points
than West Ham.

The fact Sheff Utd blew an 11 point lead over the final 9 games, a period that even included the 3-0 victory over the us, can only be blamed on themselves.

West Ham without Tevez:
P12 W4 D3 L5 Points per game: 1.25

West Ham with Tevez:
P26 W8 D2 L16 Points per game: 1

The lesson to Sheff Utd is to play better when you’re up against the best teams in the land - that’s how you stay in
the top flight.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:54 pm 
Willis wrote:
Enjoy the dross that is Newc v Spurs tonight..

Complete dross but at least we lost to another EPL team :roll:

Willis wrote:
Tevez really had nothing great to do with it.

West Ham without Tevez:
P12 W4 D3 L5 Points per game: 1.25

West Ham with Tevez:
P26 W8 D2 L16 Points per game: 1

Those stats don't stand up well for your argument Willis, as you played 14 more games with Tevez but only dropped .25 per game :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:41 pm 
Junior

Ref. the dross last night, did you have your best players out there ? I note Owen and Martins were playing..

Unlike the Hammers playing away who were without Ashton, Bellamy, Cole, Green, Parker and so on

I see your supporters turned out in force too..

But all is not lost, I hear Venables may be coming to join up with Wise... what a dream team eh!

Oh dear..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:39 pm 
Yes we did we have our best team out there :? We had the best 11 player out that we could due to missing half of our 1st team yes :roll:

Rightly enough, Bassong should have been at RB not LB, Zog could have played at LB with Duff in front of him, then Geremi could have played out on the right where he could have put in crosses for Owns & Martins, but we'd still have had Cacapa a CB in midfield with Butt, but as I wasn't picking the team or where they should play, it didn't work that way & the Spurt finally found a way around our make shift team :o :o

We had a CB playing CM, we had a CM playing RB, we had a CM playing LB, we had a left footer playing right wing, so a lot of square pegs in round holes, what was your excuse for losing against a league 1 team :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:15 pm 
Top of the pops

Pete, have you thought about applying for the vacant Manager's job at Sid James' ?
Gary :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:28 pm 
Na, I'd prefer to stay in Cyprus but if they're willing for me to travel back & forth to the club for matches, I'll maybe consider it :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:59 pm 
Web-Site Admin

Talk today of Sheffield United's players suing West Ham for loss of earnings - this could get messy!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:28 pm 
Junior

I don't know about messy, ridiculous more like..

This is turning farcical now.. What a bunch of poor losers..

Yes right, one man kept a team up. Pathetic.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:01 pm 
Top of the pops

Sheffield United would do better to concentrate on their football and try getting back to the Premiership by playing winning football.
I'm not in the know about West Ham's signing of Tevez but the FA had enough time to sort it out and didn't, seems West Ham used a loophole to their advantage.
It's the FA Sheffield United should be up in arms about, not West Ham.
Gary

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:11 am 
Willis,

You should look o the bright side, if you'd not had Tevez, you would be the losers complaining about being relegated due to not being able to play 1 player :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:29 pm 
Junior

I'm pretty sure that if the 2 Argies had not joined West Ham, we'd have had a pretty decent season and would not have been in the situation we found ourselves in..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:39 pm 
So what you're saying is, that if you hadn't brought in Tevez & co, the rest of the team wouldn't have had the kick up their arses they needed to have survived & wouldn't have any problems with relegation :?

Man your more delusioned than I am as a TOON fan :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:48 pm 
Junior

Pete wrote:
So what you're saying is, that if you hadn't brought in Tevez & co, the rest of the team wouldn't have had the kick up their arses they needed to have survived & wouldn't have any problems with relegation :?

Man your more delusioned than I am as a TOON fan :wink: :lol:

I am indeed saying that.

The season before they arrived, we finished 9th in the Prem and were minutes away from winning the FA Cup.

We had a settled and pretty solid team. As soon as they arrived there was uncertainty from some players that perfomed consistantly well and this definitely had an affect on the season once they threw the pair of them in, no doubt whatsoever.

We fans cannot control who comes into the club and what goes on. Anyhow, at least your lot will get to play at Bramall Lane again next season in the Championship. I bet that'll be an exhibition for the football purist..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:53 pm 
Top of the pops

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:51 pm 
Willis wrote:
..I am indeed saying that.

The season before they arrived, we finished 9th in the Prem and were minutes away from winning the FA Cup.

We had a settled and pretty solid team. As soon as they arrived there was uncertainty from some players that perfomed consistantly well and this definitely had an affect on the season once they threw the pair of them in, no doubt whatsoever.

We fans cannot control who comes into the club and what goes on. Anyhow, at least your lot will get to play at Bramall Lane again next season in the Championship. I bet that'll be an exhibition for the football purist..

So from your wacky logic, the toffees team that broke into the top 4 a few seasons ago & played 1 game in the CL before losing & dropping into the Uefa cup only to be knocked out of there & then had to fight relegation, weren't the same team that got them into the top 4 the season before :roll: :roll:

As for playing in the Championship Willis, don't count your chickens before they hatch mate, you've as much chance as us of going down, don't think because you got Zola as your manager that you'll be a top 10 team this season :!: :!:

So having Tevez & co made you a worse team, you are seriously deluded mate & here's me thinking it was just the TOON fans were the deluded ones... could it be that you buying players like Dyer, Bellamy & Bower from us helped you crash into the relgation battle & it was only when you got the Argies that you survived at the expense of Sheff Utd :? , I wonder what you're owners will do if they do have to pay the £30m to them :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:18 pm 
Junior

If you think the Hammers will go down then you are seriously on another planet..

I stand by what I said about the Argies unsettling things there.. No doubt whatsoever.

That bunch of crocks we bought, Dyer, Bellamy etc. joined last season - when we finished 10th! Quite a good achievement considering the number of players we were without throughout most of the campaign.

We have the great news now that Dean Ashton will be out for the whole of this season. Another blow.

Anyhow, don't worry, I believe the Championship is getting more and more TV coverage, so you should be ok for next season..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:28 pm 
Its ok mate, we'll see who's on another plane once your boss has to start selling players to make the £30m you'll owe to Sheff Utd :lol: :lol: and then you'll struggle yet again & by the end of the season you'll be where we are now with us looking down on you from mid table with KK running the show :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:23 pm 
Junior

It's not going to happen I'm afraid, Hammers going down or paying 30 million to that lot..

So you'll be looking down from mid table will you ? Wow thats some achievement - and you actually want Keegan back, dear oh dear..

I hope Owen makes the right move this time when he moves on. How he found himself playing for that dross is astonishing.. what a waste of a career. You don't have any other players that I can say the same about because thay are all total pants and will be about as much of a loss to the Prem as Sheff Utd were..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:16 pm 
Our players are dross & that coming from a Wet Spam fan :smilielol :smilielol :smilielol :smilielol

So explain to me which of your players are better :? Which of them are international stars :? Which of them are other teams looking to buy :? Oh yeah Aston, Mr injury prone man, he's out mor ethan he's in, in fact I'd go so far to say he's more injury prone than Owen & only worth a 10th of the value :roll:

I mean 4 of your so called quality team are ex-toon players who couldn't hack it, so what makes them any better now playing for you :?

I'm now seriously convinvced that you're more deluded than I am about the TOON :there :smilielol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:48 pm 
Junior

Rob Green. Fantastic keeper. England international.
Matthew Upson. Quality player. England international.
Lucas Neal. As above. Aus International
Mark Noble. England U21 Captain.
Scott Parker. Wasn't he your player of the year ?
Julien Fubert. Just back from injury and starting to show his worth. France international.
Matty Etherington. Potential match winner. Superb on his day.
Dean Ashton (when fit). England international. Again, superb team player.
Craig Bellamy. Super striker. Totally committed and knows where the goal is.
David Di Michele (new recruit that opened his goalscoring account with a couple against your shambolic lot. ok thats no real feat, so we'll see how he gets on)

I havent even considered most of your ex players like Bowyer, Dyer. Squad players at best.

We also have a few gems coming through the famous academy (Tompkins, Collinson, Freddy Sears), you'll hear more about them soon..

Oh and a Happy 60th Birthday to Sir Trev today.. Hammers legend.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:43 pm 
Top of the pops

Pete, do you just go looking for trouble ? Willis is right, this season your players have been dross.
I can't believe you are having a poke at other clubs.
I don't believe it !
Gary

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:51 pm 
I'm always on the look out for trouble, its fun :smilielol :smilielol

As for our players being dross, that may have something to do with all the crap thats going on behind the scene's but you don't let that stop you from thinking with dross ok, I wouldn't want to deprive you of the joyment your sorely miss but remember one thing, once all this doodoo is done & finished with, we will have a much stronger team spirit & hopefully a lot of money to spend in the Jan transfer, we'll still the top NE team :wink: :lol: :lol:

As for the Wet Spams, see they lost today,that's a shame isn't it :there

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:01 pm 
Web-Site Admin

Willis wrote:
Rob Green. Fantastic keeper. England international.

You sure about that?? :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:26 pm 
Web-Site Admin

This can't be good news:

Quote:
WEST HAM were plunged into a new financial crisis today after the bank of owner Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson was put into receivership in Iceland.

It was announced this morning that a government body had dismissed the board of directors of Landsbanki - the bank with which Gudmundsson made his fortune as major shareholder and chairman.

The likelihood now is that the bank will be nationalised. Gudmundsson owns around 40 per cent of Landsbanki with his son and faces losing his personal fortune.

The Hammers are presently fighting off a £30million claim from Sheffield United over the Carlos Tevez affair and this latest blow could mark the end of the Gudmundsson era.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:31 pm 
OMG, looks like the Wet Spams will be up for sale very soon too :shock: :shock:

Come on Willis, where you hiding now mate :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:54 pm 
Junior

They are the first mistakes I've seen Robert Green make in the sevaral years that he's been at Upton Park, so no problem there. Nice to see he's in the England squad - unlike Micheal Owen. Owen is just wasting away where he is, but still at least he's on a nice fat wad there. Its unfortunate that Ashton has another long term injury - but for you to say he is worth a tenth of what Owen is, is truly laughable.

Yes seems the bank is in trouble - again no surprise there, but there is nothing we can do about it so they'll either get through it or sell up. Lets face it, there are plenty of rich buyers out there who would be more than interested in a club like ours.

Have Newcastle got Gerry Francis on board yet ? What a dream team..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:40 pm 
Willis wrote:
Matty Etherington. Potential match winner. Superb on his day..

Who's apparently owes £800,000 in gambling debts of which the club as paid off £300,000 for him after he recieved death threats :roll:

So you think someone will buy you quickly, even though you may have to pay our an extra £30m to Sheff Utd as part of the deal :shock: :roll:

Willis wrote:
They are the first mistakes I've seen Robert Green make in the sevaral years that he's been at Upton Park, so no problem there. .

Funny isn't that how Paul Robinson, Englad No1 started off & all of a sudden, he's not picked any more :roll:

As for Owen, he's scored more goals for England than Ashton has scored since he joined the Wet Spams.. maybe its the club that's the problem :?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:01 pm 
Junior

Pete wrote:
Willis wrote:
Matty Etherington. Potential match winner. Superb on his day..

Who's apparently owes £800,000 in gambling debts of which the club as paid off £300,000 for him after he recieved death threats :roll:

So you think someone will buy you quickly, even though you may have to pay our an extra £30m to Sheff Utd as part of the deal :shock: :roll:

Willis wrote:
They are the first mistakes I've seen Robert Green make in the sevaral years that he's been at Upton Park, so no problem there. .

Funny isn't that how Paul Robinson, Englad No1 started off & all of a sudden, he's not picked any more :roll:

As for Owen, he's scored more goals for England than Ashton has scored since he joined the Wet Spams.. maybe its the club that's the problem :?

It seems like you've been reading the, how you call them craploids too much. The club would never spend 300k for that. I know friends of the player, and thats not the case. It's rubbish.

There are already rumours about who is lining up in a bid to buy the club should they be put up for sale.

I don't know what Robinson has got to do with Green. How Robinson ever got in the team I'll never know, he's not a big time player. You're right though, Robinson won't be picked any more for England - same as Owen.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:52 am 
According to Sky News today, the Wet Spams are £230m in debt, it looks like they'll owe £30m for Tevez & their Icelandic Owner has lost his personal fortune after his 40% share in that bank went bust :roll: :roll:

From what they're saying, it looks like they may go bust or Administration :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:16 pm 
Top of the pops

I thought they had buyers queuing up.
Gary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:37 pm 
It's easy to say they have buyers when the club was up for sale at £50m but its when you have debts of £230m plus a possible £30-50m payout also, make it a completely different kettle of fish :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:41 pm 
Top of the pops

Mmm it doesn't happen very often but you might have a point there Pete.
Gary :wink:
You'll be hoping they get points deducted won't you then you'll only have to worry about who fills two places at the bottom.
Sorry couldn't resist it.
No I'm not sorry at all !
Gary :lol: (having a chat with myself)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:45 pm 
Why would I want them to have points deducted :? they should just be relegated to the CCC for that debacle with Tevez & then if they go bust, it won't be as bad on the other EPL clubs, as it's bound to have a knock on effect :roll:

It actually feels good to be at a club with no debt hanging over it :D :D not many in the EPL can say that :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:48 pm 
Top of the pops

How can it feel good to be at your club right now, haway man, have you had a knock on the head !
There's reports say you are £69m in debt anyway.
If you wanna talk about feeling good at a club right now you should read my thread titled My Club.
You probably have read it but didn't reply cos you were filled with admiration and jealousy.
Gary Happy to be a Mackem. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:00 pm 
You seriously need to start wearing your glasses more Gary man, I said:

Pete wrote:
It actually feels good to be at a club with no debt hanging over it :D :D

In an article by this Keith Harris bloke, he stated that the TOON had NO debt as Ashley had paid it off to instigate a quicker sale of the club & if anyone should know, it would be him as he's the one selling it for Ashley & why would he lie, it's in the financial records which they've given to the 7 officail parties interested :roll:

I didn't mention they weren't any problems at the club, just that we have no debt unlike some other EPL clubs :banghead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:03 pm 
Top of the pops

No Pete you said it feels good to be at a club with no debt. You were referring to Newcastle United. Therefore the logical conclusion is that you feel good to be at Newcastle.
Simple isn't it ?
Gary :pow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:11 pm 
I know what I said Gary, I've even quoted it again in my post :roll:

I've not once denied it was the TOON but that's not what I was talking about, I was, if you want to read it again, talking about clubs who're in serious debt, ie Wet Spams :roll: :roll:

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body