Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:49 am 
Top of the pops

CBDC. What is your opinion. This could be your last free Christmas period.

The programable CBDC will control every aspect of your life and how and where any money tyou have is spent.

Are you supporting this.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:02 pm 
Rock Star

I dont have a smart phone , too difficult to read and to complicated, i have a nokia for voice and sms. I dont have a credit card because i dont want one and probably dont earn enough . I have a bank account and a debit card but its normally almost empty as no wages get paid in , also banks give a poor service so why use them ! Dont internet shop as i got ripped off for £140 through amazon ! I live in a cash world. Dont really understand CBDC but the idea of putting your entire life on the internet scares the crap out of me ! I see crytocurrency as a pyramid system which is collapsing and not unlike the stock market in that they make a few people very rich at the expence of making many very poor. So in answer to your question i would say not for me .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:33 am 
Top of the pops

Sadly CBDC will be forced on every one of us. The control they will have is complete.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:41 pm 
Rock Star

In time i think you are right , we will live in a 15 minute city, only permitted to travel within our alotted zone , working within our zone , all credits or money paid into the central bank , payment of bills will be easy as they will automatically deduct from your account , payment of fines will be automatically deducted too, probably in time thee will also be controlof the products purchased, fines for those who are not vaccinated as per law , permit required for children . Funny how often science fiction becomes science fact and i see gradual movement on many fronts to that effect !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:37 am 
Master

A relevant article - worth reading right to the end.

......... Aside from digital use through credits cards, the next big thing will be the digital euro, which is set to see cash further phased out. Country reports by the European Central Bank earlier this year found that most of the general public in Cyprus, and even the tech-savvy “had not heard of the digital euro and did not know what it was”.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2022/12/24/cypr ... u-nations/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:42 am 
Master

Am I correct in thinking that people will need to have internet access at all times to use these facilities?

Recently the new system paying for parking a car - but at least we can currently choose to use a SMS to pay in some Paphos car parks.

What next?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:53 pm 
Top of the pops

You will be connected 24/7 soon hence the every so polite rollout of 5g to areas with poor access now.

Your whole life including who what where and if you can buy will be dictated and the amount and dates you have to spend will also be regulated.

The parking is a very thin proving wedge, Trials and experiments are happening all over the globe in different places to ensure people dont connect the dots.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:02 pm 
Rock Star

Tanny it would seem we see the future from very similar if not the same perspective, i see dont live in a city and try to live under the radar as farcas possible, unfortunately " the system " already has too much control ! Despite this i will resist to the bitter end .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:33 pm 
Top of the pops

Paranoia in extremis :shock:

Would hate to live my life in fear of "what might be".

Most of us benefit hugely from 24/7 access to the internet. I would be lost in both a personal and business capacity without online access to my smart phone. If privacy really bugs you, you'll be pleased to know - if you didn't already - that WhatsApp and many other Apps are 100% encrypted, meaning no-one can snoop on you.

Yesterday had to go to the North. And although CYTA's service does not function in the North, my Samsung S22 took me (offline using a WhatsApp location pin) to within 5 metres of my intended destination. If I wanted to refresh my internet access all I had to do was pop into a local caff. Came back using a WhatsApp pin offline too. Effortless.

I nowadays do all my banking from my mobile: UK bank, Cypriot bank and Revolut. Instant money transmission. Never ever go inside a bank these days. All banks have an obligation to monitor the transmission of large amounts of money, money-laundering regs., and all that. And why not, banks and governments have to make it as difficult as poss for gangsters and fraudsters to move money around. Would we want it any other way?

In our business we trade with China (a lot) and receive payments from customers all over the globe, mostly nowadays online. I have no problem if governments monitor any of our financial activities, as we have nothing to hide... and therefore nothing to fear.

Many peeps, even in first world countries, have far more important, GENUINE, concerns to worry about: where's the next meal coming from, how will I put money into the meter, why can't I make ends meet? Just see the headlines emanating from the UK each day.

Personally I don't use Facebook in anything other than a business capacity, but I wonder whether those who fret about governments syping on their activities also post their day-to-day goings-on on Facebook?

5g rollout can't come fast enough for me, and I suspect most others will in time use it as part of their day-to-day connectivity. Though there are conspirators who still believe that the installation of 5g masts brought about Covid. And that men never landed on the moon. And that the earth is flat :roll: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:11 pm 
Rock Star

Hey ! Hey ! Thats the hic i know and love ! How you doing stranger ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:12 pm 
Rock Star

Oops double post

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:31 pm 
Top of the pops

I am indeed well Mouse, thank you for your kind thoughts.

Getting older by the day, as we all are, and doesn't my body like to let me know :shock:

Anyone know where you you can trade in an old body for a new one? One with 25 years on the clock would be fine.

And I'll keep my brain thanks... that doesn't seem to be deteriorating as fast as the rest of my frame, thank goodness :lol:

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body