The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Eurovision song contest
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 8:42 pm 
Rock Star

Just read it was won for the first time by a " non binary " contestant ! Huh what the hell is non binary ? Im a geek , so you say binary i think , base 2 , digital logic, ascii, extended binary interchange code ! So clearly not a robot then ? Well thats one in the eye for AI ! So i googled non binary , and wiki gave some surprising answers ! I quote verbatim," non binary people may identify as an intermediate or third gender , identify with more than one gender, no gender or have a fluctuating gender identity. Gender identity is separate from sexual or romantic orientation " !
Dont know what the author is smoking but it must be really good stuff and in my opinion you need to smoke it too to understand this ! Years ago the author would have been put in a padded cell and fed a diet of narcotics, maybe he was ?
Not a pc post but i cant take this seriously

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 6:07 am 
Top of the pops

That whole competition is a waste of space and been a political ping pong for many years. Even during Wogans time it was clear.

But didnt a big Israeli poof with a beard win it once.

The whole thing should now be closed down and anyone thought to be tampering with genders should be held liable.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:35 am 
Rock Star

The other night i was fixing a computer and put the semi finals on (you tube ) i ended up fast forwzrding through the songs it was all totally nothing , the cyprus entry was no better or worse than the rest ! There again top twenty songs now to me are a void !
Years ago Alexander ryback won , he was good ! And Arash & Aysel did too , Arash is quite a good singer and has been susessful in holland and the middle east.
Ihave always been a Metal man and now there is a style known as symphonic metal, sort of operatic style female vocals , male growling and a metal band , Nightwish being my favourite .seems to be alot of good metal coming out of the Scandinavian countries at present. There is a mongolian band that are a mix of
tradional and metal ! An interesting listen .
I am always grateful to youtube making available music from all over the world , there is much i would have never heard . The english and american charts as is the contest a complete void to me !

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:44 am 
Rock Star

Just read the winner Nemo threw his toys out of the pram over so thing or other . Strikes me the best place for Nemo would be 20,000 leagues under the sea ! :crylaughin
Aye captn but we canny take any more ! ( in the style of star trek )
p.s. i saw his act, it was rubbish

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 2:56 pm 
Top of the pops

No longer have any interest in main stream popular music as it is merely (IMO) the grooming ground of peados and pervs and conglomerates that would sell their mothers for 20 bucks.

Am happier with my own ideas and memories such as the enjoyment of live music and the chest still rattling and ears ringing the thursday after a friday night concert at Newcastle City Hall.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 1:10 am 
Top of the pops

I always enjoy watching the contest, it's pure light-hearted fun, and goodness knows we all need a bit of that. You can rip any musical performance to shreds if your mind is that narrow and you feel twisted and bitter.

As soon as I saw the Switzerland entry I felt sure it would be an outright winner... and so it proved to be. It was brilliant, in every aspect. So much so I afterwards watched it on catch-up several times in a row. Loved it!

Must admit that I also had to check Google to find out what a non-binary person was.

The Cyprus girl was excellent. Did her damndest and put everything into it. For goodness sake, she was a 17 year old girl and sang like a pro who'd been doing it for years... incredible for any person her age. I get the impression that you narky old curmudgeons would rubbish whoever was to represent Cyprus and whatever they sang. If you think you could do better, why don't you put yourself forward for selection?

Do you ever read your own posts and see how downbeat and depressing they are? How you two muster enough enthusiasm to get out of bed in the morning I'll never know :roll:

Rant over ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 4:02 am 
Top of the pops

Many thanks Yak. If enough enthusiasm is not mustered to get up then the bed would be very wet.

Live your dreams.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body