It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:52 pm

Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:14 am 

New schemes providing incentives for the purchase of electric vehicles are expected to be announced within the next two weeks, the transport ministry said.

About 2,500 applications will be approved as part of the subsidy scheme for the purchase of electric cars and for withdrawal of old ones, the director general of the transport ministry Yiannis Nicolaides told state radio Trito on Thursday.

The applications will be submitted electronically. If they exceed the number of available grants, beneficiaries will be selected at random electronically, Nicolaides said.

According to Eurostat data, 66 per cent of cars in Cyprus were older than ten years old. A mere four per cent of passenger vehicles were less than two years old as of December 31, 2020 and just ten per cent were between two and five years old.

In total 20 per cent of cars were between five and ten years old, 49 per cent were between 10 and 20 years old and 17 per cent were older than 20 years.

However, the national goal for registered electric vehicles in 2022 was surpassed by 144 per cent according to the transport ministry.

Previous incentives announced for the purchase of electric vehicles, included taxis and buses, and transportation means with lower emissions in combination with a car scrappage scheme.

The first scheme, announced back in November 2021 with a €4m budget, concerned the scrappage of cars older than 12 years and their replacement with new ones with lower emissions, or with electric bicycles or in exchange for bus tickets.

For the scrappage of an old car and its replacement with a new one that emits less than 50 grammes per kilometre of carbon dioxide, the subsidy was at €7,500. In total 360 subsidies were on offer.

For those wishing to scrap an old car and purchase a taxi that emits less than 50g/km CO2 the subsidy was €12,000 (33 subsidies).

Another subsidy amounting to €10,000 was offered for the scrappage of an old car and purchase of a new one for disabled people emitting less than 50g/km CO2. The same applies for purchasing a car for large families (20).

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:21 am 
Top of the pops

I love my older small Pajero truck ...she runs like a dream ...and is perfect for the roads and winter stormy weather of Paphos
Being disabled ...it is easier for me to climb in and out of

Can,t believe that they will now want me to part x her in for a model of car that I don,t want

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:56 pm 
Rock Star

Well if the government woild like to give 30k for a new car and pay the high cost of servicing and repairs i will switch to an ev , until then i will drive what i can afford , a 92 toyota, the people that come up with these ideas live in a different world to me . Funny how those that can easily afford a new car every year come up with these ideas !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:01 am 
Top of the pops

So you are now starting to see part of the Climate Change hoax. Bunch of billux.

Take an EV apply the incoming Oxford (and other places examples including Paphos) and you have zero autonomy for travel..........

These devised are dangerous, incredibly inefficient, cost the life of one black child per 10 cars made!, are NOT sustainable in the slightest and can never have enough built to cover even 5% of global need never mind desire.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:56 pm 
Rock Star

I agree with you tanny, they are just messing with us ! If evs really were to cut carbon foot print , emmisions and the large scale use of toxic materials they would not be pushing 2 or 3tonne behemoths which use massive batteries and produce very large amounts of power , this is just a marketing exercise to get people to buy more new cars . They could produce cars a third of the size with smaller batteries which would have much smaller carbon foot and require a third of the power ! I saw an 8 minute car charger advertised it drew 861kw , that is almost 0.9 megawatt ! How an earth is the EAC going to supply the power to these chargers ? Still evs will be out of my price range for the rest of my life so i will never have these problems to solve

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:55 am 
Top of the pops

If you plan to live beyond 2030 then it has everything to do with you and your offspring as the EU and UK are withdrawing combustion vehicles from sale. So EV dead Africans only for sale.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:44 pm 
Rock Star

Tanny I thought this 2030 deadline reffered to the sale of new cars . So i thought it only applied to those purchasing a brand new car ! Do you mean after 2030 you can no longer buy and sell older cars ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:13 am 
Top of the pops

EV will be the only ones available new, combustion engines can then run for a few years further but no spares etc will be made so disappear rapidly.

It wont really matter as your governor for whatever country you are in can remove your PCBDC and you cant buy fuel...........

Check whats happening in Oxford England under the lies of Climate Change this spell out your future.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:09 pm 
Rock Star

So if you can afford a new or 2 or 3 year old car its ok , if not then walking or bus ! This will effect a lot of people .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:38 pm 
Top of the pops

Actually unless the Climate change fascists are stopped it wont matter that you have a car or what you have. Take Oxford where it is being split into 8 zones and you can only pass the boundaries 100 times per year or be fined!

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:58 pm 
Rock Star

Dont know about Oxford but have heard about the " 15minute smart city" seems they want to restrict people from travelling more than 15minutes from their home. The slippery slope has begun and this is just another aspect of oppression and control . Stories like 1984 and brave new world etc , slowly but surely are panning out ! All these crazy conspiracy theories are being to appear less crazy and more World government policy. Not the leaders of the countries but the small group controlling them and the W.H.O. !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:47 am 
Top of the pops

And so the schedule is beginning to be seen by a few more people.

Conspiracy exists in this world because it is the sounding board and embryo of proposed actions.

Most of these are panning out but so many people are still glued the the BBC etc and the goggelbox to see or understand.

2030 is the USA date to have 80% EV
2035 100%

However even more people are afraid to even be involved in such a discussion as many outlets like fb, sweetheart, etc and a forum here simply ban the users. The MSM are part of the process and complicit.

Back to the topic. EV are an abomination in terms of manufacture, use and purpose. That is my opinion and I am going to air it.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:31 pm 
Rock Star

Well if paphos becomes a 15minute city which i believe is EU policy then the current range of evs are totally unsuited. My desire to sell up here and buy a plot of land in the deapest Estonian forest to escape the madness of the world seems to feel more and more sensible.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body